Saturday, March 24, 2007

This Just In!

***WHA HAPPENED? I posted this right before 8:30am today and even proofed it.....but it promptly got hijacked from the net??? OK, I am a persistent one, so I will repost until I win this battle!!! :) **

___________________________________________________________________________________

Argggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

For the first time in this very long trip of theirs, I am finally envious.

This, I can say, is the first time that I honestly honestly regretted not being there.

YJ-ssi! You can make me suffer so!!! :)

After another full hard day at work filming for show #1, YJ-ssi poured his energies in another show #2.
And ohhhhhhhhh! Was it a spectacular one! One that lifted all the families energies and hearts - it's just after midnight and everyone's all abuzz over there.

At 11:50 pm (March 24), our dear YJ-ssi arrives home safely again - in the "90" outfit that is so becoming on him and familiar to us now. Today was much different that they had seen him in recent days. To the family's delight, he slowed his walk to a genuine snail's pace - even better, for every two steps he took, he stopped for a while - 2 steps, stop - 2 steps, stop - 2 steps, stop - sometimes nodding, sometimes waving, peering thoroughly through the crowds so that everyone, and I mean everyone, got to have a chance at a really nice glance. When he heard that some of the ladies in the back rows were not seeing well, he stepped back 2 steps, lifted his head and tried to telescope his neck a bit for them to see. (Ay! Ay! Ay! I am going to torture myself one way or another today! Can someone please recommend a way?
Either that or pleeeeease teach me how to teleport???!!!!!)

One of our newly arrived acquantainces had made this sign in Hangul - when he got near the crowd where they were standing, he stopped for a minute (ok, maybe 10-15secs, but who's counting? it is quality, not quantity!), he read the signed, mouthed the words, and then smiled a nice one to himself.

You know, along "the path" at Hanwha, there is this little corner off to the side at the end proximal to hotel glass door entry which is considered the blind spot. Coz that area is flush next to the room that holds the elevator carrying YJ-ssi up and down to his floor, so that as he walks inwards, there'll be a point in those final few moments before he disappears that you'll lose sight of him prematurely.
(See what a mouthful that was? You have to be there but hope you understand - It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you get the concept.)

Who knew that he could be soooo intuitive and can sense this too? On this night, he did something a little bit special. Aniyo........it was a lot special. As he got to the final steps that leads him to his set of doors, he stopped, turned and curved his body around that bend - peering and then stickins his head right into that blind spot, so that those unfortunate ladies stuck in that spot wouldn't be left out.

And you know what? He did that once, and then he did it a second time.
How Cute!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh...the generosity of this man is endless. How is it that there exists men that forget to even say "Happy Birthday" to their honeys on their special day, and then you have people in the world considerate to this degree -and towards people he doesn't even know?

Wonder what brought on the jolly mood? (haha, I'm so nosy)
Maybe he misses the family for the last day and a half? (Hee, we the family would surely want to think so.)
Maybe he is making up for the way he snuck out the last few times? :)
I'd like to think that maybe he's reached some major milestone in the TWSSF filming........I sure hope so. Would be nice to see some of the pressure eased off.
Who knows? Guess the most important thing is that he was happy and that's quite good enough for us, right?

Oh dear heavens above, why didn't I chose to go there this time?????????????!!!
:(
Excuse me.........but I am gonna have to go drown my sorrows now.

Anyone for a round of full fat, extra creamy, triple scooper handblended strawberry milkshake with me? :)

8 comments:

vegasbyj said...

OMG! OMG! * double sigh*
I can only imagine how everyone there must have felt after seeing him do this - not once, but twice. Having never been there, I'm truly thankful to you and your sources for sharing this with us.
Filming must have gone right and he was in a very good mood indeed.

Thanks for continuing to keep us up-to-date!! Much appreciated!

No more talking to walls!!

Yoko said...

Hi,I'm Yoko in Japan.

Thank you for your updates about what's happening in Jeju now.

I planned to visit Seoul in the beginning of April very seriousely and if YJ-ssi is there I would like to fly to Jeju ,too.

But things around my job had changed and I'm not sure I can go now.It'll be clear on 28th.And until then I want to prepare for my longing trip to Korea.

Let me talk about me as my self introduction.My YJ journey has been also learning English journey.Since I was a student English was my favorite subject.

I had never read this much of english writings in my life before .It's not easy for me but,you know, it's all about YJ-ssi,I enjoy and can try hard to understand and even write.

Oh, I have to tell you I already gave up learning Korean since I know I'm poor at leaning languages.

But at this time around I'll go to Korea,I want to learn some,of course!!

Thanks again for youy sharing.

mishio said...

hi vegas,
he is such a sweetheart, isn't he? Or else, he wouldn't be where he's at now, would he?

Please stop thanking me - this was fun for me.

hope you don't think that the "wall" thing I said was meant to fish for comments - you should know that some of my real idiosyncrasies include muttering to myself in broad daylight and even talking to walls on a few occasion! Of course, I am picky about the walls that I talk to, though! :)

mishio said...

byjglobal-ah
I understand....it's never easy to see him....

You know, these fans that are there supporting him there - a large number of them are extra lucky people, often with extraordinary passion, means, abilities, time and even economic backup and who happen to be in close geographic proximity - if you look carefully, the core of them are a large subset of recurrent die-hard fans who go over and over and over again.

It's not likely that most ordinary fans like ourselves can ever compare to these fortunate souls, and it's better not to try, ya?

And for all the happiness that gets reported, they have 10x the disappointing moments to report too, you know....

Finally, what you've been able to do and see was already better than what most people are able to get to do in this entire lifetime! I remember when I read about your story that I was a) so thrilled for you and b) so envious of you at the same time too!

Anonymous said...

Walls don't talk back.... at least I hope not.

Your writing is fantastic. I really have enjoyed this the past few days, as fast paced as it was.

Looking forward to reading more from you!

Cheers!

mishio said...

Hi and welcome Yoko!
glad to meet you & no thanks needed as well here.

It's wonderful that he's inspired you to learn English in this way - and most importantly, it's wonderful to see how well he's succeeded. Your English is superb!
Keep up that good work, sis!

P.S. I agree - Hangumal has been the most frustrating thing I've ever encountered. I know my limits and the white flags have been hoisted!

bbmag said...

yea... i 'console' myself that way too, that those are super-lucky fans and also fans who go back and keep going back...

but through their sharing and your blogging, at least we get a small taste of what it's like there, and also what he's like...

love how you'd described his bending his body to pop his head out at those at the 'blind spot'. and not once, but twice too!!! lovely gesture.

lovely man.

and lovely you :p

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mishio! An awful - actually, stupendously wonderful - lot has happened since Friday! Thanks for the reports! Like many who will never get such chances, I am extremely grateful for the sharing of others' experiences.

I can also relate to your method of drowning sorrows. Not much of a booze person, myself. For me, it's ICE CREAM (sorry I SCREAMed just then - couldn't resist the easy pun)!