Thursday, March 15, 2007

Peace at Last




Guess it's no longer hush-hush.

And thank goodness all's well after all.

Thanks to everyone for their considerate comments on my last post. For clarification's sake, I am not a poet nor was that intended to be a poem. I am but just a paranoid sentimental soul who overreacted when I heard last Monday about our YJ-ssi being under the weather. Worried and freaked out as usual, and next thing you know, I was typing those words out.

Anyway, by now, you might have seen, as I have tonight, some posts floating in the net regarding YJ-ssi recent misfortune with health's little bugs. For such a big strong guy, he really does fall ill quite often. How can he not? Guess it's a byproduct of that stressful, intense lifestyle, erratic hours and irregular mealtimes.............. Sometimes people focus so much on his fame, success, earnings and what not of other material things, and somehow forget about how much he puts his body through with his every work he prepares for us.

By the way, do you know how cold it was in Seoul last week? Amidst showers, snow/sleet, and on and off hurling winds, my friends tell me that there were nights when the thermostat dropped down to -15 degrees C to -19 degrees C. Poor YJ-ssi - he must not have fancied that much. Remember that questionnaire he took last year (with Dir Hur and Son Yejin) in which he responded about how he really dislikes the cold?Seems like two Sundays ago on March 5, it was pouring miserably in Seoul. Mgr. Hwang supposedly made an off-hand remark to a few family that BYJ had caught a minor cold that weekend. Then on March 12, news further circulated that he was under the weather again and even had to pay a brief visit to the hospital. Just coming off the heels of last week's cold, it's hard not to imagine something terribly serious. In any case, we probably have no business knowing any more of his private information, but the lack of details did make a few people worry excessively. As I did.......which I completely acknowlege is my own problem. Why in the heck do I worry so much about someone I don't even know?? Just another manifestation of mishio's "craziness" I guess. Better not ponder this question unless I am begging to write a dissertation.

Anyhow, I am only glad that he's taking it a bit easier this week and taking some time out for himself. Knowing his personality can you imagine how hard it must be for him to sit out like that - with everything ready and everyone waiting for him in Jeju to start filming? I am first to applaud the fact that he is finally making himself a priority this past week. I saw on the net that he's been spotted out and about recently near the salon lately - that's a definite good sign if he's well enough to go there.

YJ-ssi, Please take all the time you need to heal. Wishing you a smooth, speedy, complete recovery! And for goodness sake, please bundle up!!!!

***By the way, since this episdoe is behind us, just a friendly reminder not to set off an avalanche of panic reaction, ya?***