| Yoon Do Hyun - Mus... |
Aw........Phooey!
Well, at least 2 people took me seriously (Thanks!).
Anyway, yeah......about the song. It's not new - from 2005 but has special meaning for me because this is what a good Bae-pal of mine would sing during some of the most monotonous and torturous times when we used to wait for your royal highness together. And what luck - she has a wonderful voice to match the song, which I quite loved from the beginning. There was one day when a lot of things were not going well for me and on top of that, I was so bored/annoyed/cold waiting (another mishio "fit", that's all - hahahaha) that I thought I would finally lose it altogether. I think she was the only one to get an expression out of my stone-stiff face, and it was with that very same song.
And I don't know when.....at some point, I must have heard it enough that even I have memorized the lyrics to it - hee, that's quite a feat for someone that doesn't speak any Korean. Pure and simple rote memorization can do the trick sometimes, but the original band performs this song with so much feeling that it's hard not to understand the meaning even if you don't "get" the individual words. Good thing that I'm still sane enough not to have tested human subjects with my rendition just yet :)
Yep, like fendi said, Korean songs, and most songs in this universe, tend towards themes of love & relationships. And as vegas also pointed out, this one has a sad undertone, but I'm the perennial sucker for tragedy so it suits me well.
The singer is Yoon Do Hyun, the lead of the Yoon Band. The first time I heard his voice, I was convinced that he was born to sing "rock" - he has just the right amount of coarse edginess to it. Their music doesn't appeal to everyone but the group is the pride of Korea - one that is revered for their nationalistic interests and commitment to Korean culture.
KBS World had this blurb about them:
The Yoon Band is a rock band consisting of 4 musicians:
vocalist Skitter D.H.(Yoon Do-hyun), guitarist Baby J (Huh Jun), drummer Jin (Kim Jin-won) and bass guitarist Taehee (Park Tae-hee). They are named after the team’s vocalist, Yoon Do-hyun, also the producer of the band. The band has a total of 8 albums and one DVD as of 2006. Its first album was released in December 1994. Audiences say that the band is the most Korean-styled rock group, because they use such traditional instruments as the Gayageum (a Korean musical instrument with 12 strings) and the Daegeum (Korean traditional wooden flute) for recording, in addition to their basic rock instruments. The band also composes and arranges its songs based in a true Korean state of mind. The band sang songs like "Oh, Pil-seung Korea (Oh, Victory to Korea)" and "Arirang" in front of the home crowds of millions cheering during the 2002 Korea-Japan World Cup games. With their Korean fight songs for the national soccer team, the band became Korea’s indisputable leading rock band. The Yoon Band won best song awards from all 3 of Korea’s main broadcasters, KBS, MBC and SBS. The band was also acknowledged for their contributions on improving human rights in Korea through their musical activities. The band was once nominated for the first World Peace Music Awards in 2003. The band won the "Best Musicians Award" from the Board of Korean Music Producers. The Yoon Band are recognized as some of the best musicians in the local pop music scene, with sales of over 2 million albums, and more than 100 live concerts a year, each usually drawing more than 500 thousand people.
Anyway, the Song "사랑했나봐" translates as "Must have been love" and is the lead track of the Yoon Do Hyun's solo project album called "The Difference." The lyrics, if you are ambitious enough to hum along....
이별은 만남보다 참 쉬운건가봐
차갑기만한 사람 내 맘 다 가져간걸
왜 알지 못하나 보고싶은 그 사람
사랑했나봐 잊을수 없나봐
자꾸 생각나 견딜수가 없어
후회하나봐 널 기다리나봐
또 나도 몰래 가슴 설레어와
저기 널 닮은 뒷모습에
기억은 계절따라 흩어져 가겠지
차갑기만한 사람 빈 가슴 애태우며
난 기다리겠지 어설픈 내 사랑은
못되게 눈돌리며 외면한
니 모습 모른척 할래
한번쯤은 난 뒤돌아보며
아파했다 믿을래
바보인가봐 한마디 못하는
잘지내냐는 그 쉬운 인사도
행복한가봐 여전한 미소는
자꾸만 날 작아지게 만들어
멀어지는 니 모습처럼
언젠가 다른 사람 만나게 되겠지
널 닮은 미소 짓는
하지만 그 사람은 니가 아니라서
왠지 슬플것 같아 잊을수 없는 사람
What? You still here? Reading this boring entry?
(Love ya!) And yes, I added fillers in between just to test your patience! *wink* hahaha
Sooooo, wanna know why my friend sings this song with so much zest and energy?
Actually all those times she spent "waiting" for Mr.Royal Highness during the TWSSG filming last year (and she was kind-of a regular), this album and this song in particular was a frequent favorite heard playing within the makeup trailer when it was his turn to get his face "done."
It's so interesting how this seemingly minor detail can catch a fan's interest, right? Dunno why - but for me, it felt nice to have some mental imagery of what it's like for him when he's getting ready for his work day, no?
No one will really know if it's something he's picked or even requested. But even if not........I wonder........YJ-ssi, what was going through your mind then? Did he hum along? (wanna hear, wanna hear!!!) but.....will never know that either....
For face value, the melody is nice and despite the sad tone, it's catchy and invited me to sing rather than do anything to dampen my mood. But that's me. And, that's why I wanted to know your impression and what thoughts popped in your head when you listened to this song, that's all.
Oh,and I so finally get it too, why my friend sings this song all the time! All this practice - she must be hoping to audition live for him one day! :)
Hey sweet pal,if you're out there - keep up the singing! It does brighten my mood so much! You're an angel and I hope he gets to hear your beautiful voice one day!

23 comments:
Sorry you only had 2 responses. Thank you for sharing the reasons why you love this song.
Would you by any chance have the romanized Korean lyrics for this song? Just wondering. I can't quite make out all the words, but would love to know them if you have them. IF not, that's ok.
Another song that I enjoy is the one YJ kinda "sang" in AS while in the car. I believe it's called "Life is Beautiful" by leesang. This group was also singing this song in the beginning of the movie. I rock out to that...guess it's Korean rap???
Thanks again! Enjoying your posts.
Hi, mishio:
I appreciate you introducing me to the song YJ was listening to in the make-up trailer. Not only me, probably all of the BYJ family wants to know about these little details, too.
These are the rough translations to let you guys know what the lyrics say. I hope you can understand and enjoy them as much as I have. Thank you again.
suehan
“Must have loved”
breaking up must be easier than meeting
you cold person took all of my heart away
why don’t I know? … the person that I miss
I must have loved you… I can’t seem to forget you
I can’t help but always think of you
I regret it… I’m waiting for you…
unconsciously, my heart still beats quietly…
there is someone whose back looks like yours….
My memories spread out throughout the seasons…
You cold person… my sad, lonely heart…
I’m waiting for my pitiful heart…
You turn away coldly
Acting like I don’t see you…
Just once, I will turn around…
and I believe I have suffered
I must be stupid… not being able to say a word
Even the easiest greeting of “how are you?”
You must be happy, you are still smiling…
Your smile always makes me feel smaller…
like your presence that seems so far away…
I guess I’ll eventually meet someone else…
Who has the same smile as you do…
But because that person won’t be you…
I’ll still be sad… the person I can’t seem to forget
mishio,
Thanks for sharing this song with us, it's a lovely song!
P.S.: Special thanks to suehan for the translation!!! :)
fendi
ah... yokee and i were wondering what brought on that last posting... so, it's the 'trailer song' huh? :p
thanks much much for the sharing. i like it much much too, not your typical k-pop formula, but it's got a raw-er and more intensive edge to it that i so like.
and thanks, suehan, for the translation :)
hee... i shared this on loveyongjoon... found the chinese lyrics too.
must say i quite enjoy this one. am keen to check out the rest of their tracks/albums.
thanks again.
mmmmm..mishio, it has a catchy tune that sort of grows on you and the song kind of puts me in a different mood to the visuals:).
thanks suehan, for the lyrics.
Thank suehan for the translation of this song. I have a better understanding of the song now.
Will share this song and translation with other k-pop friends to get their opinions.
thanks again!
oh my~ i think i owe vegas something. mishio if u don mind i'll post it here for vegas...
its the song that insoo sang in the car that vegas was talking about..
insaeng-un a-rum-dawo (beautiful life by leessang)
turn around turn around
machi insaeng e-ran ouimi oppnun wuridul-oui o-ji roun chukkje
oh my happy life
turn around turn around
dali ddugojigo haega dasi jijariro doraganun nul-i
oh my happy life
wurin hakgyoranun muntok-ul nomo gukkot-sul nomo somyon sobuto
ildong-eso kkolji gu sa-i-rul i-rijori
kkul-ryul danimyo sun-wi-oui chuk soae-rul chan no-ye hajiman modu-da ddok-kkat-hae
i-sesang-un dda-ddut-han sam-e kopi-rul kidari-nun ka-pe
modu gu dda-ddut-han kkum-ul i-ru-ryo ddok-kkat-ji ddam-ul hul-ryo bbigu-dok gori-nun
sesaeng-wiro soi-but-ji-kat-ji mugo-un sam-e muge-rul maego kin
insaeng-oui maraton gu him-dun gi-rul dal-ryo ddo ddal-ryo go-jjin sesang-oui
ppongppa suk-eso gyon-dimyo sal-a-ganun saram-dul-i-yo
dangsin-dul-oui mosup-un jinjong a-rumdawo
insaeng-un a-rumdawo noraehae~ hae-i~ hae-i-hae-i-hae-i-hae-i
sulpum-un modu boryo haehae~ modu goodbye~ x2
mae-il sulchan-suk-eso ppa-jyo insaend-oui ppae-baeja-chorom
haruharu-rul bonae-don jina-gyo-ul nomudo him-gyo-un nae sal-mun
machi chaga-wojin anju i-mi kkutna-borin yeonju
do i-sang o-rul su oppso-don nop-pun san
nal ae-wo-ssan su man-nun jang-byuk-dul nae kkyut-ul ddo-nana man-nun saram-dul
hajiman nan don-jyo-junun dero bat-ta-mok-nun gae-chorom ae-cho-ro-un
mosup-ul bo-il sun oppso-ji ddo dasi ssak-ttun dojon-jongsin gu hana-ro
botyo-un nan o-nul-do sol-jik-han ddam-ul hul-lyo mugo-un apum-oui dol-ul
kkut-jo naeboligo do-uk-do a-rum-da-un nae insaeng-oui kkot-jul pi-wo
turn around turn around
machi insaeng e-ran ouimi oppnun wuridul-oui o-ji roun chukkje
oh my happy life
turn around turn around
dali ddugojigo haega dasi jijariro doraganun nul-i
oh my happy life
o-jja-pi modu han-chom-oui jaero goro gum-un dongjong-hae-jyoss-don sun-wido
kyul-guk zero sungja-wa paeja-nun ddaro oopso
him-dun na-nal-rul gyun-dyoga-myo sal-a-ganun modu-ga sungja-in-gol
hey~ gu-rokji! ha~ gaeri! insaeng-un mu-ot-sira saeng-ggak-hanun-ga
hi~ jong-dap-un i-sesang gajang a-rum-da-un kkot
sul-e jot-jo chon-but-dae-e gidae him-dun sam-mul norae-ha-yodo
so-junghan sarang-e cha-yodo jumo-niga ttongbyo-do
ha~ si-dul-ji an-nun gajang a-rum-da-un kkot
ddo i-sesang gajang a-rum-dap-go sol-jik-han syo
insaeng-un a-rumdawo noraehae~ hae-i~ hae-i-hae-i-hae-i-hae-i
sulpum-un modu boryo haehae~ modu goodbye~ x2
oh my~ i don think i will ever be able to sing a korean rap song. goodness~ phew~~
oh well..since im at it..i might as well trans the other one too..
sarang-haess-nabwa (yoon dohyun)
i-byul-un man-nam-boda cham sui-un-gon-ga-bwa
cha-gap-giman-han saram nae mam da gajyo-gan-gol
wae al-ji mut-hana bogo-sip-pun gu saram
sarang-haess-nabwa it-julsu oppna-bwa
ja-ggu saenggak-na gyon-dil-suga oppso
hu-houi-hana-bwa nol gidari-nabwa
ddo nado mul-rae gasum sol-le-o-wa
jo-gi nol dam-mun dui-mosup-e
gi-ok-un gye-jol-dda-ra hu-to-jyo ga-get-ji
cha-gap-giman-han saram bin gasum ae-tae-u-myo
nan gidari-getji o-solpun nae sarang-un
mot-dui-ge nun-dul-limyo wue-myon-han
ni mosup mo-run-chok hal-lae
hanbon-chum-un nan dui-dol-a-bomyo
a-pa-haess-da mit-dul-lae
babo-inga-bwa han-madi mut-hanun
jaljinae-nyanun gu sui-un insa-do
haengbok-hanga-bwa yochon-han miso-nun
jaggu-man nal ja-gaji-ge man-dul-ro
mo-ro-ji-nun ni mosup-chorom
on-jen-ga darun saram manna-ge du-e-get-ji
nol dam-mun miso ji-nun
hajiman gu saram-un niga a-ni-raso
wen-ji sul-pul-got kkat-a it-jul-su oppnun saram
haha..i hope i got the konglish rite cos its diff btw konglishing the actual word one by one and konglishing the spoken word..hmmm..
anyway i hope it can be of some help to those who's interested ^^
mishio..i had wanted to comment about the song when i first read ur post 2 days ago but couldnt figure out what u 'wanted' haha now i know.
n mishio...thanks so much for all ur 'live' reports. ^^
hee... yea, yokee and i were kindda wondering what lane mishio's taking us down to... :p
thanks, yokee... errr... i think it's hard enough to sing in korean, let alone rap in korean *bb rolls eyes!
oh i just check again...the above song...para 3 & 4 are chorus.
so after the the 4th para repeat 3 & 4 then continue with the 5th para.
can u ustand? al-gessoyo? ^^
my goodness..my brain has actually been stucked with tis song since 2 days ago. i was also stucked with it when i first listen to it last time :p
wha?
looks like while I was snoring, all the worker bee sis came out to do their "chores"!
I am so impressed by your generosity of time, suehan & yokee, and especially your speed! Thanks much for those translations/romanizations - now we can all kara-oke along together!
vegas, I was gonna get off my rear to do the romanization today - hee, so glad we have such talented and hardworking people. I'm soooooo off the hook today! Thanks again for your lovely comments
bb,
you wonder too much, lah!
and ur buddy yokee too! :)
What am I? The mad scientist?
Sheesh............
hi cam
you singing yet? :)
yes, exactly like you said - the feel is nothing like the video; I'm glad I heard my friend's version and then the raw music first prior to seeing the MV, or else I wouldn't have liked it as much.
BTW, are you leaving/have you left for your trip yet? So excited for you!
btw, yokee, your romanization and explanations are really clear. Thanks much!
I feel like it's my Birthday today with the wonderful songs and translations!!
Thank you Yokee!
Thank you Suehan!
Thank you Mishio for posting the music and getting us in the mood.
I'm gonna enjoy these two songs. Will practice hard and hope I can muddle thru both songs.
vegas dancing -->{{_!_}}
hehe, can you hear me humming mishio ^.^? we’re waiting for school to breakup in a few days.
hope to see him in the kitchen. i know i know, fat chance. guess i shall just settle for seeing JP instead. (ne? another fat no…no). i’ll be thinking of you:).
ps. Thanks yokee..
Hey mishio..thanks for everything.
I like the song. ^^
hee cam,
I heard, I heard....only thing is.......whose voice was it? Seemed like the whole world was singing!
Were you the only one that was in tune? hee :)
hi tiff!
by now, i know you have good music taste, so I'm not surprised!
thanks? wheo? :)
wow gold
wow gold
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow gold@@@@
World of Warcraft Gold
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
rolex replica
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
replica rolex
powerleveling
powerleveling
powerleveling
powerleveling
power leveling
power leveling
powerleveling
powerleveling
power leveling
power leveling
power leveling
power leveling
power leveling
power leveling
power leveling
power leveling
rolex
wow gold
wow gold
Warcraft Gold
Warcraft Gold
中高年 転職
アルバイト 求人情報
ブライダル
転職
競馬
FX
ダイエット
お見合い
競馬 予想
新築マンション
新築マンション
コンタクトレンズ
婚約指輪
合宿免許
人材派遣
東京都 墓地
派遣会社
人材派遣
パチンコ 攻略
おなら
货架
OCR
OCR
手机词典
高速扫描
机票
灭蟑螂
蜗轮减速机
减速机
齿轮减速机
丝杆升降机
租房
租房
北京租房
北京租房
搬家公司
北京搬家
北京搬家公司
上海机票
上海机票
上海打折机票
上海打折机票
上海特价机票
上海特价机票
搬家公司
搬家公司
北京搬家公司
北京搬家公司
gghjgjgcvbc
Post a Comment