Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hand-y Dandy

Forgive me - I cannot help it sisters. I am squarely and stubbornly fixated on the fateful day...STILL! With every peek of my friend's photo, with every memory of the events that intrude without warning into my thoughts throughout the day, I find myself returning to those remarkable few minutes in my life, with a jubilant smile and an elated heart. I pray that time will not diffuse these wonderful images and feelings.

Anyway, today, as one of my clients bid me goodbye with his usual polite handshake, memories of mine with YJ-ssi gushed back immediately.

I'm certain we've all imagined at sometime in our lives what it'd be like to shake hands with HIM. Although it was just my own wild guess, I had expected a somewhat firm, strong, warm one. Afterall, this is such a universal gesture in business, there's even long passages and advice columns written about how a "proper" one should be conducted.

So funny...a few days prior, one of the sis I'd newly met was describing her own lucky encounter last year at the airport with YJ-ssi. She was such a character - so animated and comedic as she told her version of the YJ-handshake to me. She grabbed my right hand and proceeded to act out the whole process. What she demonstrated was a waxing pressure kind of a bone-crusher firm hold. When I didn't quite "get it," she kindly repeated the gesture. And again. And again. We were on the subway at the time. Haha, really wonder what the other riders believed our relationship was - these 2 hand-holding ladies!

Anyway, she really set me up for some expectations! Not hard to believe - a firm confident handshake from a strong, serious, confident kind of a guy, right?

But you know what?
My and L's handshakes were sooooo different...it was actually felt very, very gentle and kind - no, not limp, but rather, more like light and considerate. OMG - his hands were actually so soft and smooth - I was completely struck surprised at that time that a man can have hands more perfect than most women, in distinct contrast to my lovely torn and battered ones.

Pretty amazing..wonder how he does it with all the weight-training, horse-riding, swordfight-practising he's doing and the hand abuse he must be enduring - this is a man who seriously takes good care of himself. That mades me glad, somehow.

Sigh..don't mind me. Just was missing these and blogging from the heart today....





Hey, K, if you're out there...should I be jealous of your tight squeeze or should you be envious of my gentle hold??

haha. Kidding as usual!

12 comments:

bbmag said...

know what? other than reading about the actual (& terribly envy-provoking) bae-encounters, i also enjoy reading fans' impressions and feelings from these encounters. so, thanks for sharing. and... i do hope you'll be sharing more of your feel and all...

sighs... there's so much of this man to love, isn't it? in fact, what's there not to love?

but anyhow, to me, his hands rank quite high up there in terms of fave body parts.... i love how big they are, how warm they are, and how they're at the same time strong and tender. sighs...

missing him too.

Anonymous said...

Hi mishio,

All I can say is - ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pls check my message on your previous posting. Thanks!

Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi mishio, thanks again for sharing your feeling, I enjoy reading this one very much.
Ladies, you know what ? reading your posting and you comments gives me the feeling that actually we miss the man very much.

LoveJoyPeace said...

hi Mishio, should I say I wish.. if only I had.... or should I just turn green like the cookie monster or shoould I just shake your hand to share half of what you got or.....sigh.., you are one lucky girl dear! So happy your effort of flying all the way there was well rewarded.

marissa said...

ooh those hands, how I wish I can feel them against mine....sighs....

mishio said...

hi bb- glad you were not sick of my gushing yet!

mishio said...

dear flowerbossa-
Yes, keep believing, cuz as bb said, dreams do and can happen!
BTW I already PM'ed you yesterday...i've never used the PM @ KOB before, but heard it's not always reliable....wonder if U received it?

mishio said...

oh frances....
yeah...his hands tell a good story about the man who owns them...
chance of a lifetime...whoa, i'm just beginning to realize the magnitude of this lucky shot.

mishio said...

sigh...camille,
Missing him is the universal feeling these days...you know, eventhough he "decided on his next work immediately this time," it's almost gonna be a year anyhow ..........

mishio said...

joyce -
as i've told the many, many sis who dropped out of our planned trip last minute...it's hard not to second guess the decision not to travel with us, but when you remember back to early march, it looked very very non-promising...even pessimistic. We thought we were just gonna go to Korea to sleep and eat, rest and eat, sightsee and eat.......
WHO KNEW????!!!

mishio said...

hi marissa!!
oh man!! your COOL sunglasses!! wow, you beat me to it! (ha, see my post today? hahahaha)

bbmag said...

whoa.......... marissa!!

*bb scrambles for a picture with sunnies*