Whoa, the thought of casually bumping into YJ....
What if...??? (ya, ya, imagine me with this expression!)

Well, I'll bet these thoughts have crossed each and everyone of our minds. Probably even intruded without provocation and warning into our daily thoughts at times. (smiling sheepishly, hee) Geez, when he was in LA last fall...it's so ridiculously silly I know.... but every time a tall Asian dude passed by in jogging clothes, I never failed to exacerbate my whiplash injury. And so it was ouch, ouch, ouch all that week, to the point where part of me almost wished he'd go home already! :)
Actually, though, the "lucky fan" incident did not conjure up those giddy dreams of good fortune for me so much. What I remembered thinking was, "What if....he were not BYJ, the one and only?"
If an "ordinary" Mr. BYJ passed me in the streets, without his stardom attached, without an ounce of insight into his character, personality, interests, etcera, would I be just as entralled? Would I want to walk right up and say hello? Being totally honest here, gals, but we all cross paths with beautiful, gorgeous, handsome people each and everyday. Obviously, the outer shell doesn't make the whole person, but what makes us drawn to one, but not another? In a crowded room, what makes you strike up a conversation with this person instead of that one? Before we all learned all the marvelous details about YJ's everything, what made you pick him and not another gorgeous actor?
Likely, some of you subscribe to pure fate - fair enough.
But c'mon... you all have that one friend or relative, similar to my late Uncle F, whom everyone just instantly takes a liking to, right? Don't you wonder sometimes why everyone just loves him? Maybe it was his jolly laugh, overly healthy weight, santa-like quality, easy composure, his smiling face even when he wasn't trying to smile.
The "Approachability Factor" is really so subjective and intangilble, I guess. Of course, pop psycho-social experts would have you believe that there exist some truly specified qualities and body language that is responsbile for that initial magnetic attraction.
Aren't you just a little curious,I wonder? How approachable is Mr BYJ in first impression and in real life situations? Yes, yes, don't everyone deafen me at the same time - of course, everyone falls magically under his spell afterwards. We have all heard a many co-worker, employee and friend rave about him over and over.
Still, you've read about the loner childhood stories. Even now, he perpetually describes himself as shy, introverted, uncomfortable in and avoids social situations, etc.
Interestingly, his body language, a supposed unplanned and unrehearsed window of the subconscious, tells quite another story. This is just for fun, but in classic BYJ form, he passes body language school with flying colors. Again.
Sure, you've all heard the usual: It's all about the eye contact, smile, open stance, etc.
Re: Good eye contact - (bear in mind some leeway needed for cultural variations - apparently intense eye contact is a no-no in Japan) Recall how many times you've heard the reporters always remark surprised that he respects them with attentive gaze throughout the interview?
Re: Smile??? What's that phrase reporters use? "24 karat smile" - enough said.


Re: Open stance - come to think of it, I've never any pics of him crossing his arms in any situation, including unsolicited photo-ops. Hope that's not because I'm a newbie. The farthest he tends to go is just a clasping of his hands together, which by the way seems to be a favorite with him. Nope, no defensive posturing here!

And thank goodness (!), this is not a man that takes to crossing his legs often. (Ewwww, how I really dislike men that do that instinctively all the time!)
And, hey, have you heard this one? This was new for me when I read about it somewhere a while back.
Supposedly, how you position yourself on the chair is a signal as well. Apparently, when someone sits way back and take up the whole chair, it's considered a sign of dominant ownership. When one prefers to sit on the edge of the chair, it's to reflect a "distant" personality and aloof attitude towards relationships. One is perfectly "balanced" when they sit comfortably upright, back straight, without hogging the entire chair.

So, class, so what do these pics say about him?
Yeah, so he's perfect....anyone surprised?
(Aiyo, if he can now work on his "imperfections" a little, i'd be happy. You know, like dropping a line or so to his family every so often would be much appreciated, thank you!!!)

10 comments:
Hi Sunshine
Reading your blog at midnight brings up the sun as well. ;)
huh? what big load from singapore? :p
yea, know what you mean... haha, funny how acutely observant we can be when we want to, huh?
i've met him in person, and though he's not unfriendly or unapproachable, i do think i was a little in awe to feel totally comfortably strolling up to him and chatting him up as if he's not BYJ... though he's not standoffish, there's this rather regal air about him, this aura thingy about him that makes you smooth down your clothes, check your chair and your teeth before going up to him. or maybe this is typical fan behaviour? i really don't know, hee, not much experience in this area....
Hey Mishio
Everytime I look at that photo with the lady looking at YJ, I just can't help thinking of that Love-Lorn look. Who is that Lady by the way?? Hahaha just curious lah...is that....er....???
Hi Mishio
I still wonder why him and not another, although there are lots of gorgeous actors.
And as Joycebay, I'm curious about who is the lady looking at YJ too...
Hi eveyone!
joyce and camille - Downloaded that photo from the net version of a chinese paper during his Taiwan trip this year, and actually didn't know her identity until 2 days ago when a good pal saw the blog and told me her name - turns out she's a HK fan club member who won the lottery for some prize at the Fan meeting. The prize of course was absolutely nothing compared to the opportunity to meet, gaze at, hold, touch OUR BYJ!!!!! Heeheeheehee I heard she was up there sooooooooo long that the security was about to take action. Hey, who wouldn't???? :)
bb-happy CNY! Sorry about the heavy work load - do come out and play soon, dear captain! hee
I think I know what you mean - me, the talkative, boiterous one, was frozen stiff at the mere sight of him! Smooth down clothes? Check hair? yes, prob, but checking teeth is going too far! haha. No, I'm so sure it is completely normal to be self-conscious around his royal perfection. Hey, did I miss your write-up/blog about your "meeting" with him? Seen the pic, now just need the words! Can you show me the link? Thanks a bunch, dear - would be so exciting to live the experience through your eyes!!!
I've imagined countless scenarios of our chance encounter but honestly I don't know if I can have the guts to actually strike a conversations with him.
I did manage to do have small talk with two of the best male singers here in the Phil. as private functions but it's a totally different boloney if it's our MAN.
hi marissa
Pretty amazing huh? Us bloggers of the strong, independent, assertive nature all confess to being weak to our knees when it comes to him! Almighty effects of BYJ! Well, at least you've had some practice in the department....
hey joyce - i re-read your comments. You weren't, errr....thinking that I was the girl with the "lovelorn" look, were you? Heeheeheeheehee. The look I can imitate, but by now you know that is not me. I'm actually very, very camera shy, dear.
Hi Mishio,
Hahahahaha, I was just .....being naughty, I think you should look cuter..hahaha if there is such as word...
If I should meet you one day, can you imitte that look pleaseeee...heeheeheehee
harlow harlow mishio, happy CNY!
wanna read my bae-encounter? i wrote about it in my bae-journey, here's the link to the whole passage
http://happiebb.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_happiebb_archive.html
if you haven't read it, let me warn you it's way way way way way long... just skip to part 8 where i talked about the time when i took a picture with him.
http://happiebb.blogspot.com/2005/07/my-very-personal-bae-journey-part-8.html
Whoa BB,
reaaaaaaaaaaally long, but enjoyed reading it. Cheers
Post a Comment