Sunday, January 01, 2006

Cheers! Here's to a Mah-velous 2006!


In Chinese custom and belief, it is said that how you start the new year and what you do on the first day will directly determine how the rest of the year will play out. Man, it gets so bad that every year, so many of my colleagues (men! and you thought women were the nosier, more superstitious gender!) refuse to show for work on this day for fear of having to slave away for the rest of the year. Yep..., sounds more like an excuse to get a day off to me too. haha

Anyway, I hope most of you took bb's advice to laugh a lot today because that would forbode a very merry, cheerful 2006, and I truly wish you all that from the bottom of my heart.

Me? Not only did I do that - I also tried to stare often at YJ's youthful appearance up there to see if that would help slow down the hands of time this year. OK, that's aiming for too much. Maybe I'll just try to convince mother nature to go easy on those "beauty lines" this year! hee

Neh, I'm just kidding around with it - don't really believe in that stuff.
Anyway, too tired from covering all the extra work due to the absenteeism today, so I'll keep it short for once!

Dear YJ-ssi,
Wishing you continued health and happiness in the new year!
May 2006 will bring you further breakthroughs in your acting career, and
may your new drama bring you the international recognition and acclaim that you deserve.
I also wish you many opportunities to pursue your personal interests, especially time to travel freely, and may I add I wouldn't mind it one bit if the destination you choose is Los Angeles, CA!

No comments: