Thursday, March 16, 2006

MY GOOD FORTUNE

Since yesterday, I've felt the presence of the luck fairy all around me.
I knew it was true when I read all your wonderful comments. Knowing all you lovely ladies has been one of the great fortunes in my life.
Really, I was most touched by your kind encouragement and well wishes - thank you, byj global (me too, you almost drove me to tears), camille (yes, seeing mgr yang was a good premonition ^^), marissa (really needed that cyber hug!) , bb (thanks for really, really, really wishing me well) ;& joyce (don't know what to say - do honestly wish you had been here with me!)

Anyway, if you're wondering if I saw him, the short answer is "yes!"
But hey wait, before your imagination runs wild, errr...no, it wasn't like that. Quick pass-through looks only. Nope, no hug and no chance to scream those 3 little words whatsoever. But then again, despite the horsing around, I had never even dared to think that that little scenario would ever happen.

Seriously, the hope of catching even a teensy glimpse of our dear YJ has been raised a few bars again, if it's possible. Security was very, very tight, and protectionism of leaks was at an all-time high. Nobody other than official guests were allowed anywhere near the ceremonial site - not even the reporters, TV station reps, etc - all of whom ended up on the other side of the gate as the fans. Reporters that were allowed in all had to surrender their cameras at the gate. So, hope I haven't failed you gals, but all those photos I wanted to take and share with you never materialized. In fact, I ran up to bunches and bunches of sisters I didn't know, and tediously checked their viewfinders and looks like a great many sis are in the same boat. I'm sure you can read between the lines here about the general condition of today's events.

Anyway, absolutely no one and no adversity can take away from the complete utter joy of the unexpected today. I'm warm and toasty - just having caught sight of him once again! Hope I have a chance to "chat" in better detail later....

(P.S. By now, you've all seen the official posed pic of the ceremony from Quilt. Notice his drastic change in shape? Just to reassure some of you worried souls, I think there's something wrong with the format of that pic. He didn't look anywhere near that overly buff in real life, and neither did any of the other people either. He was, well..........., perfectly proportioned, as he always is!)

What happens from here?
No idea. Ohhh...rats! Those Jeju officials who are handling all the events sure are tight-lipped. So many different answers to my same question.
Man #1: Shooting starts today immediately after the ceremony with BYJ riding a horse (obviously a lie)
Man #2: Shooting starts tomorrow - don't know who will be there nor where
Woman#1: "Soon" "at all over Jeju"
Man #3: It's top secret. This ceremony is a secret too. I don't understand why you are all here!
Man #4: I'll find out and let you know. He runs off, and disappears forever...

What to believe? Who to believe?
Ay...the guessing and waiting game starts all over again tomorrow.........!!!

10 comments:

bbmag said...

mishio...........!!!

words fail me!!!

it's okay if it's just a teeny weeny glimpse of yong joon. it's okay if you didn't get to hug him [yet]. it's okay if you haven't got a chance to scream those three little words to him [yet].

you went there pretty sure you won't see him. then you did. that's enough, ain't it?

it reminds me a little of my own encounter with him at samcheok last february, you know?

i went to samcheok just wanting to see the place, knowing very well filming hadn't started. then the next thing i knew it was the prayer ceremony the day i was there. almost the exact same tale, no? only that the place is different.

so, believe me, i can understand how you must have felt.

and like you, i too saw mr yang first. that was a sign to me too. and it really did happen.

am so......... happy for you. really.

bbmag said...

ah........!!!

just had to scream out loud again.

liezle said...

oh mishio i'm happy for you! even just for a very short time you were able to see our Yong Joon.

I was actually asking in soompi this afternoon when i read that some 400 japanese baesisters went to jeju if you were with them. ^^

you must be in cloud nine dear. i hope that you'll see him again and this time much longer.

btw, thanks for blogging your experience today. wishing you more luck during your stay there and take care.

cheers,
liezle

LoveJoyPeace said...

Hey Mishio,
Yup yup yup yup I should have gone as planned and see our dear prince with you. I am happy you got to see him even for a fleeting moment.

And like BB said it's a bonus already. I hope you get to bump into him again somehow like BB.

When are you going home dear? Do take care and remember to take your meals. Is it cold in Jejudo?

Toujours_BYJ said...

Dear mishio, bb has alreay said what I want to say to you.
I'm so happy for you, hope you will have an occasion to see him again, to take picture with him (like bb), to hug him (like Tiff) and say the 3 magic words to him.
Thanks for sharing with us your experience today, you make me laugh with the sentence said by man#3 (It's top secret. This ceremony is a secret too. I don't understand why you are all here)
Ha ha he doesn't know the power of our Bae sis yet ?

Anonymous said...

Hi mishio!

Thank you SOO much for sharing your experience at Jejudo.
I took the liberty of introducing your comment about his "looks" in the site led by satovic, because
oh yes...some of us were somewhat
concerned about his "overly buff"
physique.

Anyway, I for one have never had the opportunity to see YJ with my own eyes... can't believe can you,
when I live in JAPAN! I'm a very young fan (just a little over a year), and when he was here for the "April Snow" promotion, I was not in the best of shape.

But I know the best is yet to come!

Thanks again, and have a nice day!

Love,
flowerbossa

marissa said...

Mishio I'm so happy for you and I'm getting misty eyed while reading your post.

Never mind if you haven't said those 3 words and have seen just a glimpse of him you are still very, very lucky because it's been a long wait for us.

Enjoy the rest of your stay. Have some of those tangerines and stay healthy. Another hug for you...

LoveJoyPeace said...

Hi Mishio
Hope you are having a great time touring the place now that the excitement is over. Hug Hug!

JosLovesFood said...

Hi Mishio...I am happy that you saw him. Lady Luck is surely with you. Who knows? You might just have another chance to meet him again? Good luck!

mishio said...

Hi bb!-
We have something very much in common, in addition to the lucky KOSA timing. That's the fact that we both engage in primal screaming!! hahahaha
It's so funny - all yesterday, I've scared the people all around me with my loud "tick" if you will. Suddenly, when I flash back about the prior day's events, I'll have this burst of energy to get out, and just let out a scream out of nowhere! acting so weird....wonder if they'll ever travel with me again :) :)

Hi liezle!
What? You asked about me? Gee, thanks! Yes, I was there, fa sure!!
Did they really say 400 sisters? Hmmmmm.......

Hi joyce -
for the first time in 4 days, I've begun to eat again! Even my travel pals are asking me why I'm suddenly eating so much - must be catching up of the last few days. Thanks for worrying about my tummy!

Hi camille-
Ha - you laughed at the top secretive man? He didn't make me laugh at all. Man, I tried to work him so hard, pushing the questions, but he just wouldn't budge. Just doing his job well, gotta admire that i guess!

Hi byjglobal-
thanks, thanks again. Glad you feel it's ok - cuz I really really wanted to bring photos to share!

Hi there flowerbossa
have seen a great many of your wonderful posts so nice of you to drop by. Yes, he's definitely bigger and more built up, but really, that pic is a "wide-angled". I saw Choi Min Soo up close at the airport and my first thought was how skinny his face is. Then I saw the official pic and I definitely knew the proportions were wrong.
Anyway, keep your hopes up - like me, you just never know where he'll suddenly turn up! Best of health to you!

Hey there, marissa
Your comments really touched me. thanks, dear!
BTW -funny thing - i am downing a tangerine as we speak!

Hi jos!
Sure hope I can keep lovely lady luck nearby little longer!! At least until my Korea trip is over?