Can't escape it.
Can't deny it.
Ready or not....sob, sob....this at times bumpety bump-bump but always ever so magnificent TWSSG ride........is rolling to its final stops.
The truth is...I really really really do feel for him. He must be exhausted to no end.

Three+ years.
Three very long and hard ones. But not in vain, of course. TWSSG has been a huge and noble project, with rewards and significance of it all still yet to be fully determined, but will most likely be one that will make an enduring mark in the history books for the Asian/Korean entertainment biz. There promises to be many more positive after-effects of this drama yet, I am certain.
So....in my heart, I really am happy that he's finally going to be able to find the meaning of "regular sleep" once again soon. And that he is going to lay his toys...I mean, swords....to rest for a bit, if not permanently. Whatever he has got planned ahead, more than anything I hope that he gets his health in order first.
But this is one of the longest and "windy - est" production road we've walked hand-in-hand with him, so to speak. And because the entertainment biz and climate has changed drastically, for better or worse, us fans have become so much more involved than ever before. With communication mechanisms sharper and more efficient, even without being there in person, I feel like, as fans, we've all committed into this together with our hearts, souls, emotions, and energies.

For the other shorter projects he's done - it was easier to snap back into your former life seamlessly. But with this drama, it's been so long that I can't remember back to what my life was like pre-TWSSG. It's almost become an incorporated daily habit now - like something as basic as brushing your your teeth every morning. We've followed along every turn and corner. Hearts lifted with the "Ups" and and frowning with the "downs." We've cheered. We've rallied. We've fought, kept watch, supported, etc. alongside him.
Oh.....what will we do ourselves from here? Or maybe it's just me - what will I do? Sighhhhhhh........

To be so conflicted. On one hand, I wish for him to disappear for.......a long long time and have the time and opportunity to indulge in his every whim and desire that he's had to squelch for the last three years. And one the other hand, I feel like the tears will flood the state when I think about having to "let go" and say "goodbye". I'm gonna sorely miss the good chats, miss the spirited discussions, miss unravelling the mysteries, miss the rich images we've been treated to on screen, miss...well, just about everything. Thank you, thank you everyone!
But...like all things in life, I of course recognize there is a finite end to all things wonderful. As long as we've really savored the good parts really well, then the memories and the experience should always bring us back to these golden moments. As long as my Alzheimers doesn't set in, that is.
If it sounds like I'm sad, actually I'm not. Just thinking aloud as usual. [And I wish that abogi here would stop clapping so loudly. Dear, you are giving me a headache! I'll do my job, I promise!]
Hee, what am I worried about again? There's 6 more episodes...duh!
In any case, looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way. Goodness gracious, the population in Jeju-do seems to have mushroomed overnight or something.
Looks like everyone's done the math. The TWSSG filming days are numbered. Out of the blue, I'm hearing that over 300 fans have or wil have descended into Jeju-do by tonight. It looks like it's gonna be some big big hurrah farewell party of sorts.
Anyway, HRH boarded the ferry from Mokpo at around 9am today [Nov 14th] just a little over an hour ago and heading for Jeju-do. I imagine that wuri YJ is somewhere in the middle of the seas right now, hopefully taking in the calm and tranquilty before the man-hi, man-hi fans waiting to catch that last few final precious glimpses. Well, it is a 5 hour ride - plenty of meditation can be done!
Earth to me....why am I sitting in front of a computer in LA? haha
Earth to you know who...why didn't you take that Nov trip, huh?
Anyway, I don't think I have much energy left for humongous crowds anymore. Everyone, have a good time, but remember to be careful and stay warm. And.............please give him space!

11 comments:
hello mishio
Thank you for sharing your news with us. I am new fan and always enjoying your website but a little bit scared to write before in Englsh but I really appreciate it all the times and sharing effort because you dont have to do it, but you do. I cannot have able to go to Korea but I feel I learn many thing here.
may
hey, me too... it's been such a long ride that i too have nearly forgotten what it was like pre-twssg. what did i do huh? tweedle thumbs? :p
Hi Mishio:
Thank you for sharing your feelings. I feel the same way.
6 more episodes and all will be over: the worries for his and the whole Legend director and staff's health; the excitement of seeing Legend everyweek!
Then I think we will wait for the DVD to come out. As with winter sonata and the other HRH series, we will be able to watch it over and over again. Just select the part HRH looked directly at us and dream on forever!
One thing is sure for me: HRH has kept the promise to his family with this wonderful project; He has given us the best of himself, mentally and physically.
We are living a better time with him and all dedicated Bae-sisters, the one as yourself.
It's near TG in the States: I just want to say thank you, dear Mishio and thanks to all dear members of our Bae-land.
Sorry for the long posting!
Violet
hi may
happy to meet you and even happier that you worked up the courage to write a line or two. Actually I cannot thank you enough for visiting me , either openly or silently - not only is it great to communicate with more Bae-sis, it helps me go on! Hope you can visit his country sometime in your lifetime - you won't regret it!
hi bb,
guess we're gonna find out soon, huh? what's more intimidating is whether his well-deserved rest will be proportionally lengthy?
hi Violet,
thanks for visiting (!) and your nice words - i recognize your ID well although I think I am saying 'hi' for the first time.
If you ever have a long post or comment, then you've come to the right place! haha - this, after all, is the home of the gazillion billion words.
I like how you said that he's kept his promise to his family. Yes, he most certainly has. I guess, like you've said, the related TWSSG products to be anticipated, not the least of which is the Eng-sub DVD, will keep us tuned in. OK, so I'll put down the tissue box for the meantime!
BTW - I feel silly for asking, but I am drawing a blank. Umm...may I ask...what does TG refer to?
Hello dear Mishio,
Thank you for the last few posts including 'Ok. You Win! :D'.
I too feel like I'm bracing for a wonderful ride to come to a screeching halt and am uneasy about having to return to a self that is no longer who she was pre-TWSSG.
Perhaps, though, this whole adventure is like an archeological dig, with the planning, anticipation and delays, at first, then the execution of the project proper with its glittering high moments, and finally the interesting discoveries and links made once the artifacts are safely stashed in the basement of the museum.
Even as we simultaneously fear and hope he'll disappear for a while, let's look forward to those discoveries as I'm sure there will be many. We only have to remind ourselves of how AS stretched into last fall with the release of the Director's cut and Asia Tour.
Btw, I think our dear Violet means Thanksgiving when she writes TG.
hi hi hi gosijo!
welcome back!! :) :)
I thought I'd lost you forever! I almost had to write a separate - "Gosijo- please come back" entry haha.
OK - promise to keep my mouth shut from now on, ok?
Ohhhh...so that's what the TG mystery is about. I must be really out of it! Thanks!
And yes, when he's out of action, we'll still ourselves. And we'll probably find a way to go through last 3 years' of material with a fine-tooth comb, knowing how sharp our sisters are. Hee, an image of all of us peeling onions come to mind! I, of course, will be the one sobbing in the corner!
haha, i was wondering about TG too.
thank god mishio was willing to be silly on our (meaning she + i are both silly ones...) behalf :p
and i had thought TG is a place!
Dear Mishio:
Sorry to use abbreviation. TG is for Thanksgiving holidays here in the US.
I also hear the news for HRH injuries> It breaks my heart!
I am worrying sick!
Violet
hi violet,
thanks for clarifying the abbreviation...with all the current commotion, i've seriously forgotten that TG is in 4 days!
Post a Comment