Tuesday, November 13, 2007

May I JAB along with you?

That term does really come in handy when you've got some loose "th-odds" and ends (^^)to tie up, huh?


Read yokee's JABs about the planned roll-out of TWSSG dolls (oh...the curiosity!), and these images of a nice nice Bae fan's children came to mind...

Hee, seems like there's a few talented seamstresses amongst us all. She doesn't know it yet, but I think there's a part of her that can't wait till for the day that episode 24 rolls out coz her fingers' are just a bit sore these days from measuring, cutting, and sewing look-alike outfits for her joonie bears. Anyway, for not much of a stuffed doll fan, I have to say these cuddly's stole a few fibers of my heart when I met them! Awwwwwwwwwwwww....Damdeok JB & HwanWoong JB........so cute! I think it's the reflection of the care these ladies put into their Joonies more than anything. Hope you don't mind that I didn't get your approval for these, dear Y!



Still, maybe if they can concentrate on making accessories for Joonie bears instead of having totally new dolls? It's just my thought that it'd be more fun for the fans to play "dress up" than to rear more children ~~.

Here's those dudes again, on their day off. One's decided to re-live those past but glorious Beijing 2005 memories, while the other ... she's even got the everyday look down....see that 'ol so cool Joonie in his...black/black/and more black sporty outfit?!

Hmmm...wonder if she's off buying some purple and gold silky cloth right now? :)

Hee, and don't underestimate the draw power of these cuties. Heard that the proud owner of a very elaborately dressed Joonie bear got HRH to do a double-take today! Ahhh....the advantages of a well-groomed JB! :)

Another thing... I guess I should consider myself pretty lucky to be sitting here enjoying another day of BYJ fun. Over the weekend, as I was driving around a curve on a highway, I suddenly came upon....eek!....a fender staring looking down right at my face! This crazy driver obviously had no idea that this was a one-way only street and came merrily down the road in the wrong direction. Yeah, I got close enough to see her left hand cover her wide-rounded out mouth in shock, while the right hand was still plastered to her cellphone next to her ear.

OK. I see you did the math. So you may join me in asking....where was her third hand that should've been holding on to the steering wheel? Sheesh! Yes, I would definitely like to "JAB" this lady if given the chance to "run into her" again ! haha

Thank goodness this was not one of the days when I was equally distracted. Managed to send the cars to my right and behind screeching, but somehow I got out of the way.

Actually, in retrospect, because there was no harm done, I guess it was no biggie.


Still, as we head towards the typically frazzled and busiest holiday seasons of the year, it was one of those timely reminders to me and to hopefully the rest of the world about how we've become such an overly distractable society. Somehow, somewhere along the way, we've lost a bit of our ability and sense to concentrate on the task at hand. We're always zipping around with a million things to do, trying to start the next task before we've even had a chance to close out the current one.

Not that I'm knocking efficiency or anything. There is a reason why someone up there decided to never hand me the power stick, coz I'd be the baddest, meanest slave-driver boss in the world, I think. There's a time and place for multi-tasking, and there's also a difference between being a slacker and focusing and giving your all into one thing at a time. Something not exactly but quite similar to the quantity vs. quality argument.

In contrast to the rush-rush ways of our society, there's something so infinitely simple but appealing (just one of his many many wonderful ways, I guess) about our HRH's ability to remain focused and undeterred in his projects the way he does. People have discussed, analyzed, and dissected this facet of his work ethic to death really. I've just decided to pick today to again admire this trait of his.


In things both small and big in scale, he's always been able to do so, no? To shut his ears to the rest of the world and just forge on steadfast towards his goal? When people in the biz warned him of the dangers of "passing his moment in the sun" by taking too much time on a solitary project, he's proved them wrong every time, huh? This type of attitude must have its roots in a lot of self-belief, confidence, determination and discipline.

And in just little bits from stories here and there, we see that he is that way even in his daily lives. When I read that latest translation about Priest (? or Master) Kim from bb's blog, I get a sense that this attitude of him must've been cultivated from very very early in life. As he implied, he must have been raised well with a lot of love.

Even the lamppost headbump story that I've promised not to mention again, it's because he's was so deep in concentration with his book that he somehow forgot about the obstacle in the street. And remember, when some of the crew of TWSSG said that they were almost afraid to approach him when he was busy studying his scenarios? That he carried on as if he was not aware of anyone around? Hee, how does he turn the world on and off like that? I need to learn from this master of light switches .........

Oh, and another thing...remember also how some fans shared that they were able to see HRH really well on location a few days ago at Anmyon-do?

Seems like he didn't reward those fans enough and returned for another encore the day after (Nov 9th). Shooting started late and fans were given the rare chance to check out the sets up close and personal! You know, I've got to be honest...I've never thought I'd want to look at "sets" just because it is where he had once been. I mean, if the location were worth visiting as a tourist spot or something, then I'm game enough. But to see some field that's been temporarily dressed up with some props, hmmm....I'm not sure. But I'll tell you, when I saw these pics, I was kinda moved to retract that previous opinion. Kinda grand, huh?
It almost looked fun to run around and peek in all those colorful tents, places where he had just been charging in and out of.



Or...maybe even find the site of DD's punishing history lesson, as jaime so amusingly referred to.



In the pm during the down time between filming his scenes, some fans said that HRH, instead of disappearing behind some screen as was usually the case, was readily visible out and about. Sometimes, he would mingle cordially with some of the actors, huddling in a corner and chewing the fat with a senior member for quite an extended period of time at one point. Well, we all know how he loves, loves, loves to exchange ideas and chat people up till the wee hours. Just not with the fans ...! haha, just kidding.


And once in while, he'd be checking himself out on some big 'ol handheld mirror. This perfectionist is so careful, he's probably double-checking and triple-checking his stylist/make-up artist's work! Haha, the mirror was pressed to close to his face it was like...right up flush to the nose ! Oooooohhh, one eyebrow out of place and...........and...........haha, I wonder if the artist had a quick run of the shivers at that moment!


Most often though, he would do what we expected - huddle in some seat and study his scripts intently in deep concentration. Good boy!~~


And when it was time for his take again, his entourage accompanied him from his resting area to another section of the tents for the scene, there was nothing around him that could break his train of thought. This man's focus is uncanny, isn't it? Nor does he ever waste one precious minute! As he was blindly led along like a little boy, he seemed to be in some trance of his own, making some movements here and there and starring in some mini private rehersal of his own. Sooo adorable (!) , can't you just picture it in your head? :D

YJ-ssi...this way....don't worry, I've got ya covered.

Come along. Yes, yes. Right foot, then left foot - 1,2. 1, 2. Just follow me this way!

No, don't look up...keep your nose in your reading there. I'll let you know when you get there!

Haha, during these moments, I wonder if......he'd even notice that I'm kidnapping him to Siberia? (OK. Los Angeles is all I'm hoping for!)

So, anyway under his staff and SP's direction, he's just shuffling along in a world of his own. Suddenly........ - watch out everyone ! ! ! Out of the blue, there came a quick right attack !

Errr........is it safe to come out now?

Nope! Can it be? Seems like we're being threatened by.......an Unidentified Paper Object?!

Whoa! Duck, please !

Swoosh! Here comes another smooth attack from the right!


Hyuk, hyuk. That's our YJ for ya. All along the way and up till the very last minute, seems like he's still trying to rehearse and perfect the following sword scene in his head...out of the blue and without warning, he sends his right hand in full forward extension, in some ferocious jab-like motion all the while using his script as his imaginary sword.

A true crammer! Just like yours truly! haha


He can be quite a danger to the people around him, huh? heehee, just simply & thoroughly adorable!

C'mon guy.....may I please JAB along with you next time?

*******


Anyway, I'm sure you've heard....after a humane 2 days off-period, filming resumed on the 13th at Hwasong, 14th at Anmyon-do today (now!). So puzzling still.....wonder why all the mileage back and forth?

2 comments:

bbmag said...

holy cow! i just typed a super-duper long comment here, and blogger couldn't process my input and everything's gone :(

anyhow, thanks for yet another mighty interesting post.

and... yea, i was also scratching my head over the travelling. if i didn't know better, i'd think this man loves life on the road :p

was just talking to a couple of fans last week... why didn't they just finish shooting at one place, before moving on to the next? esp with jeju... by george, how many times has he gone to and fro by now? is someone trying to clock up his miles or something? hee...

and i think... pd kim couldn't have said yes to mbc's request to extend the series, even if he wanted. just check out their progress! no wonder i didn't it at all when they said they had finished 20 epis when TWSSG first started to air. that was late september.... don't tell me they need this long to finish up 4 epis? unless there's been massive re-writing again?!

doubt it though... coz usually, if scriptwriter kim is busy writing, she wouldn't spend all that much time on her blog. but she's been active on her blog again... so the writing should have been done already, i think...

anyway, thanks again.

mishio said...

hi bb,

hate it when that happens..but
how i wished i could've read the super-duper long comment :)

yeah...we too have been discussing why he seems to be on a tear to win the most exceptional frequent flyer award. Although it doesn't answer all our questions, someone told me that
1) we're focused only on YJ but there are different teams shooting simultaneously. so when YJ leaves one place, it does not always mean the others aren't continuing in that location
2) when they take days off from one location, sometimes it is because they are preparing those grounds for the next scenes. For example, Hwasong looked like some battle field with hundreds of people on horseback in October, and now that same piece of land this month looks totally different and has now been transformed into a tent-ground of sort for these last few shooting days
3) And of course, as you've alluded to, they're going back and editing down to the wire, and they're going back to re-shoot certain scenes that aren't quite "perfect" enough on the first go-around....which means they need to restructure the grounds back to the way it was way back then in Episode 18 or whatever it is...

Anyway, maybe we're over-thinking. Dunno much about this biz, but seems mighty chaotic to me. I'm just glad he's holding decently well under the circumstances..!

hee, for someone super busy like yourself, your blogging activity ain't so bad either! :)