Oraeganman ieyo, everyone!
Another long blogging absence, but another good reason. After a couple months of working on overdrive, I've rewarded myself with a nice long vacation to home in Asia.
And,....... need you even ask? Of course, a side-trip to baeland was in order. Anyway, it's been a short time here, but nonetheless a thrill of a lifetime, frolicking with friends new and old!
Things will wind down to an end tomorrow, and I'll do my best to hold my tears at this point.
In all honesty, it was a go-go-go kind of a trip - today was the first time I've had to sit down peacefully and surf the net. Caught up on most of the net reading and you know what? I've said this before, but I wonder if all Bae fans know how lucky they are to be part of this most amazing informational relay network. Dude, you all sitting in the comfort of your home don't really miss a beat at all - thanks, thanks, thanks always to all our generous family!
But, I logged on mostly to say this:
Man oh man! I wanted to be the one to tell you that story! :)
What story?
That one that Mr. Yang blogged about! Hmmmpft! :()
Yes, yep, yeah....somehow, fortuitous timing landed me in Seoul during Mr. Hwang's wedding day! I couldn't even believe my ears when the news broke just the night before. Anyway, my travel plans had suddenly been arranged due to plans to celebrate the October 7th birthday of a fellow fan. Not just any fellow fan - this one is super special. This is one of the first bae fans I'd ever met in person, and us two novices - we literally tripped and stumbled together through all the good and bad bae-days. In fact, there has not been a time she had not been exactly by my side when YJ-ssi decided to grace us with a sighting. So, it became the only thing to do. My trip - originally scheduled for November - had to be shoved up early. There was no other way.
Anyway, back to my point. Where? Oh - mr Yang.
Haha - most family said they missed that part coz - what else? Their eyes were on one and only one person! Makes sense.
Hmmmmm......what does that make me?
Ha - yup, the most nosy, busy body in this whole while world (!) My wandering eyes were circulating around like a merry-go-round.
Hee, he was standing just behind YJ-ssi as they were taking group pictures at the altar (kind-of) area. The beautiful young girl who had just caught the bride's bouquet was asked to the front of the pack. Then, it was the groom's turn to toss. (I should tell you that I almost wanted to clobber YJ-ssi's security dude who chose this exact moment to stand in front of me and announce his instructions to the fans. All 6 feet+ of him was no match for me , even with my tigress' temper and all! SP Shin - I'll get you next time!!! hahahaha )
Missed the toss entirely, but my rapid fire hand squatting got SP to move - just in time to see YJ-ssi nudge Mr Yang forward - the next thing you know - he, too, was standing in front of the pack , alongside that other lady with the bouquet. Hee, you should have seen his stiff awkward expression! Hyuk, hyuk! All this time alongside the undeniably biggest Korean superstar, and he's still so uneasy in the spotlight! He put on this embarrassed forced kind of smile and then dutifully posed for a picture with the young lady. Hee, so very cute.
Anyway - I haven't much to add for that part, but want to say that it was so very nice to see our YJ-ssi carry on with such a light mood and so naturally. It was one of the few times he laughed naturally that day, as if he forgot for an instant that all eyes were on him.
That certainly hit a warm spot in my heart.
Alright then, so, Mr. Yang steals my thunder! haha - the story was better coming out of his own mouth anyway.
Wait up - eek, they're all going to breakfast without me! Gotta run now. When I get settled home, I'll share some other little tidbits of what my roving eyes caught, k?
That is, if Mr Yang doesn't blabber some more! haha
Can't miss breakfast!
Can' t miss breakfast!
Bye!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Dear mishio
Good to hear from you, especially you've been able to see our man?
wowowow! lucky you. now how many times total you've seen him? How did he look? I want to hear from you exactly the way you saw.
Hope you see him more again before you get back home and give us detailed report.
Have a super good time and safe return.
byjglobal
hehe, finally! i was wondering when you would show up! about time too, midear!
not sure if i should be feeling envious or jealous, hee...
you and your timing! lady luck sure seems to like you loads, ya? you always get to see him, despite the fact you hardly even tried to time your trip to coincide with any bae-events :p
anyway, that's why i've always believed all the planning in the world just can't rival with luck and destiny :p if you're meant to see him, you will.
but seriously, am happy for you that you got to see him and (my) other him!! you must must must share all the other tidbits and then some when you've time. seoul's the last stop of your 'asia tour', or hopping to another city before heading home?
p.s. and.... remember? you promised.
us, some day.
one day.
haiz, talk about misses... :p
Very happy to see you Mishio!
Read in bb's blog about your latest post.
WoW! You are certainly lucky to be at the right place at the right time.
I can't wait to read more about your trip and all the other goodies you have to share.
Enjoy the rest of your visit and have a safe journey back.
Thanks for sharing!
True, we don't really miss a beat from the comfort of our homes, thanks to all the great sharing, but we all wish for luck like yours!!!
Looking forward to more on your Asia tour. Btw, I'm curious about what folks in Korea typically eat for brekkie.
my, oh my, mishio! thanks for sharing. what a pleasant surprise. can't wait to hear more about your adventure (or november insanity)…i know, i know, its only oct. i meant “I know what you did last summer” [last (and last nov)] ^^). have a safe trip home. ps. love the title of this post....cam
Hello mishio,
It's good to hear from you agian!!Glad you had a wonderful vacation time back in Asia.
So envy you...... very lucky girl.
Please do share with us more details when you have time.
fendi
oh my oh my dear mishio,
you sure have some very well-connected insider chinggus. Most of us just dream of catching a glimpse of HRH, and you were actually in the same wedding as HRH!
You mean you didn't even try to use your charm to catch his attention?! midear, I can offer you at least 10 different ways off the top of my head. Whether they work or not, I'm not sure :)
Please tell us more when you come back. Have a great trip!
Hi byjglobal-nim,
thanks for the good wishes - of course, I'll share details in my blog.........as long as your patience doesn't run out!
hi bb,
never jealousy with us, ok?
promise? i wouldn't dare promise, since we're both so swamped, but will always remain ever so hopeful, ya?
:)
hi vegas,
what's up in your direction?
for someone who's never been lucky, it's sure nice knowing what it feels like!
hi gosijo,
i think you get a good idea about the breakfast menu from the K-dramas that you've seen. you know, it's so variable - the degree to which a family is westernized or not. bread, coffee and milk for some, and rice and soup for others. Since we stay at hotels, they always have the western ham & eggs type am meal for us, and of course, with the large japanese tourist congregation, there's always nori and congee, and what not, and then I'll see the tourguides sometimes eating separately with a huge pot of mixed stuff with meat, kimchi, veggies and rice - almost like a noon meal. To be honest, that would be way heavy for me. And then, one time, I had an early travel day, and my host bought me kimbab and dumplings for breakfast, picnic style.
haha, I guess I am saying a lot without giving you any real answers.
hi cam,
my goodness, cam - you're making me out to be like some special agent or something, haha ;)
hee, you and everyone else who reads english know what I did last Nov and last Nov. Beijing 11/05, and Hallyu Expo 11/06. My dear, it's all out in the open and right there in my blog, silly! Yes, I take one major trip a year, and somehow it falls in the fall because it's the best time to get away, in my opinion. And recently, wuri YJ has been monopolizing my vacation days entirely!
hi again fendi,
taiwan, right?
hope the TWSSG event was a major success - haven't had time to read up yet!
sharing? will do!
hi jaime,
to this day, i'm still counting my blessings. instead of wasting energy to time and calculate things out, it's so much more pleasurable to let the pressure off and enjoy come what may! And sometimes, what comes is way beyond anyone's expections!
Instructions on how to get him to lower his gaze in my direction? I really can use some help in that department :)
Hey mishio,
What's up!!Surprised you still remember me....^_^
I was waiting for the TWSSG event for about a month, unfortunately, they had to postponed to a week later due to typhoon, and....it happened to be on the same day of my family trip which we also planed for a long time, therefore....I didn't make it to the event, I heard it's a very successful event, around 300 fans showed up and some of lucky sisters won some prizes, I'll wait for the next round!!!
fendi
Post a Comment