I think it was the 2nd time in a week that this charged issue has brought some family to butt heads a little. All issues aside, each time it appeared to be just a simple misunderstanding of communication. Please, please – you know me by now – I have no intentions of being condescending at all, but is the English comprehension of some fans that bad? Or is it something else? Interestingly, the two writers whose comments generated the reactions were both excellent English speakers and communicators, and frankly, I didn’t even think twice about what they wrote. The language used was not impolite at well. I was quite surprised at the reactions, though.You know, we talk all the time about how warm and sweet and close this “family” of ours is. Yet at the most minute misuse of words or misunderstanding, people seem so quick to pounce and over-react. This, I feel, has a lot to do with one’s mindset when entering the equation. Like when my doctor says to me, “Mishio, for your health’s sake, you should try to lose some weight.” I go home thinking what a great MD he is to take the time to care. Then, when a (not so likeable) friend says, “You should lose some weight.” – I 'll give her the biggest mouthful and tell her to scramble off.
To those we like or love, we always tend to give them that extra bit of leeway, don’t we? When we are emotional and defensive, then we tend to misconstrue everything. I guess what I’m saying if one comes into the discussion truly believing the premise the family is this united loving, caring and forgiving place, then one should not immediately jump to fast conclusion and suppose that the other sister is slamming her. If you assume or believe that the other party is basically supportive, please take a step back, read and RE-READ the words, and think about it a little before putting your emotions on the line.
I guess I felt the need to say this because I joke around excessively and even in my short fan days, I've managed to piss a sis or two off. All because people read too much into a line. So very silly.
Yes, there’ll always be disagreements between us – after all we are such a diverse group. But let’s not create disharmony when there was none intended in the first place.
Araso-yo?

9 comments:
hi,
I knew this issue will be sensitive and a likely cause for friction but even if we are not koreans we do have genuine concern on what is happening in their country. I just hope our family will be more understanding of each others opinions.
The best practice is to totally ignore someone who’s been confrontational on numerous occasions with others. Bragging on about her luxurious life style and her large family business using no armpit hair labours.
Hi Mishio
Well said, it's hard to be level headed when there are money involved or personal agenda. Otherwise in a healthy discussion we should be less personal about opinions otherwise it always ended up somewhere in the backlane. Not everyone are objective in their discussion, communication are sometimes just too complex. Even a doctorate is insufficient. :)
hi marissa
i couldn't agree with you more
hello anonymous,
sorry, it seems that a sis has ruffled someone else's feathers before. Yes, your approach is best -to take the high road and not take to mind too much that or those we don't agree with.
Hey, next time, sign in with your screen name, willya? I understand here this time under the circumstances. :)
Hi joyce-
another reasonable person here! So, this sis has a doctorate?
(Still busy as can be??)
Hi Mishio
Well I have just got another 5 sets of Korean movie to watch, wah even if i fast forward still take a lot of time. Yup still quite busy, usually like this at this part of the year. Did you get the OST CD code I posted for you? See Jos blog
Oh no I don't have a doctorate in communication. But even with one communication is just too complicated with the human psyche.
whoa... did something unpleasant happen while i was away? hope things are okay now, and that whoever needs to make up have kissed and made up.
hi joyce-
thanks even in your busy days to dig up that ost code for me. Did you mean the link for amazon, right? The product had no information - may I ask you if you are sure that's the right OST for FH? (heh, heh - seems like addiction to DVD's has become a chore? make time to sleep too, ok?)
bb!
welcome back! Everyone missed you to pieces! Hope you had a good time on your trip.
Post a Comment