Thursday, December 29, 2005

Joonie Bear, come meet your cousin!

This is N. America afterall. The land of plentiful. No, we don't have many official BYJ goods. But that doesn't mean we cannot put our cerebral cortex to work and create our own Joonie fun, right?

Nothing much, just want to post a few pics of our December fun this year as a memory.

So, are you all ready to meet a new hunk?
Heehee.
Presenting, ladies & lads, our own "Joonie Baby."

OK, OK, I know. Most of us, and especially me, are too "mature" to go goo-goo, ga-ga over a teddy bear. But the topic of Joonie Bear had come up so often in the days leading up to Christmas amongst us here. And since most of us cannot afford to spring that much dough on that official bear, I came up with this for Mabel's birthday (12-22). That's her hugging JB in the background. Sorry sis, it's not the real thing, but this one comes from the heart! And thank you so much again for my birthday present as well!

Well, this bear jumped out of the group at the store because of how soft and cuddly it looked. Don't you just want to pinch those chubby cheeks and give it a good hug? Hee. And the name couldn't be more appropriate for a VCR sister. This is actually the "Maple Bear," named after the maple color of his fur coat, and referring to the maple tree/leaves that we've come to associate with Canada. So, after a little "enhancement" by yours truly - tortoise shell oblong glasses, a comfy t-shirt with his recent Beijing pic, and a nice cap, he is now our version of Joonie Bear's cousin. Oops, almost forgot the most important part...see that white button sticker on the right arm there? If you press on it, you actually get a surprise message. It's YJ's voice saying in Mandarin, "Hello everyone. I am Bae Yong Joon. I am happy to have come to China." keekeekee. Thank goodness I had my videocam in Beijing!!!

Man, I didn't think I liked teddy bears, but was actually a tad teary-eyed when it came time to send JB off in that lonely box :) . So, please take good care of him and hug him often, dear!

Oh, and it wouldn't be a real Christmas if the stomachs weren't taken care of, right?

For Christmas, this basket landed in Vancouver.


Sisters, sisters, didn't you read the caption? "Eat your heart out!" it said.

But what do you all do? What? Stuck your cookie pop in the freezer? Poor Joonie, he must be freezing! :)

And this place was supposed to have great tasting chocolate chip cookies too! Wheh! Next time, I am just sending cardboards on a stick! hahaha.

Have a merry rest of the Holiday Season, folks!

4 comments:

Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi mishio, what a great idea ! I love love this "Joonie Baby". And "cerise sur le gateau" YJ's voice speaking mandarin.
Btw, I would like to ask you if I can add your blog link to mine ?
Happy New Year !

mishio said...

Hi camille,
So surprised to see you here! Thanks a million for spending part of your precious day here.
I'm not much of a YJ-information train, but you are most welcome to add the link. By the way, I am going to take this opportunity to ask you the same favor (I still need to get that part of my settings in order, but I'll do it soon) So, I'll ask you in advance.

A most MERRY, JOYOUS NEW 2006 to you!

Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi mishio,
thank you for your reply, I will add your blog link to mine right away.
Je suis très honorée que vous acceptez d'ajouter le lien de mon blog dans le vôtre, très chère mishio.
A bientôt.

mishio said...

Hi again camille,

ummmm...
ummmm...
well....here goes. Please pardon the rusty French.

Ma chere camille,
J'ai oublie la plupart de la vocabulaire, mais je veux dire que vous etes trop poli. Votre blog est fort importante parceque il est preuve de l'existence de l'amour de et la popularite pour YJ en tous la monde!