Yeah, I know you're thinking "it figures....!"
Of course mishio is interested - after all, I'm losing mine quickly and want to jump on the next fad bandwagon to try to preserve what's left of it.
Gingko?
Play Majong? haha - what do I have to do? Just say the word!
But seriously, ..........fascinating how our brain works, isn't it?
Well, I'm not really in school anymore so I wasn't exactly studying the article. And of course, no one really has the workings of our brain pathways and memory all figured out, but we do know that an individual memory of an event is not stored as a neat chunk tucked away in the corner of our minds somewhere, but rather, as a bunch of interelated bits distributed all over our brain, such that these memories can be reawakened via any one of our sensory channels. Just a small aspect of that entire memory...be it a smell, a noise, a sight....can trigger access to the memory in whole all over again.
The interplay and interdependence of these memory pathways are so curious - this essentially forms the basis of the success of advertisements, doesn't it? Associating their product to a popular spokesperson in turn leads to the linkage of all positive feelings towards that spokesperson to be transferred to their product. Guess it must work or else why do these CF models make so much?
Haha, I still remember this bomb of a Japanese sister who was taking a stroll with me in Seoul one day....we were just gabbing absentmindedly when she saw a glimpse of something like this from the corner of her eye...

Whoooosh........(insert wind noises)...
Ummm...where'd she go????????????
She had taken off, sprinting at the speed of light down the street.
At the street corner, she pointed and then turned to call back to me - I think she yelled the name of this man :)

"Oh..........my..........G........! It's JAE - HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Hahaha--so cute.
Of course, it was all for show and for my benefit.
But it was also true that the appearance of that Jaeho look-alike car triggered the thought which formed the basis of that joke. And to this day, when I see a blue and white sports car pass me by, I am not only reminded of Jaeho, but also my dear friend and of course, her comedic sequence.
OMG! Come to think of it, thank goodness for if it were the real car or the real Jaeho, I don't doubt for a moment that this energetic lady would've run a full marathon! haha. In heels no less.
(Now suddenly...kekekeke....the image of Forrest Gump running around the country comes to mind! :)
Anyway...I guess I didn't come in to log a blog about memory pathways.
In recent days, what with the stories about YJssi floating around in USA somewhere, and with the recent both good and bad news about winners and losers of the Osaka Event lottery...there's been some steady but quiet chatter once again about whether BOF or even the man himself understand just how much support he has from foreign countries aside from his immediate vicinity in S. Korea?
And of course, everybody knows that they do/he does.
But in a fit of frustration about how things have been handled lately, I guess it is also not hard to understand why foreign fans would feel a little down, a little neglected even... Not unusual for fans to ask questions like, "Do they even know we're alive?" "Do we (foreign fans) even cross him mind, like ever?"
Well....I haven't any idea why operations at BOF and their communications with regards to handling fans' needs and enquiries cannot be any better improved upon. And I haven't any idea if we even have a right to ask anything of them. I stopped having these one-sided expectations quite a while ago.
Patience, folks.
Patience. (I think...)
But one thing I think I can attempt to answer is this:
Yes, of course he knows we're out there. And that we're alive.
And of course, within his secure mind in that little pretty little head of his, of course we've been imprinted in at least one of those memory pathways in there somewhere.
Why?
Coz....
Well...I don't have much to go on, but remember all those harsh days when he was spending all those difficult hours, days, weeks on the outdoor sets of TWSSG? During one of those neverending work days, when he got a break, he would actually steal a moment of rest by plopping himself.........
on this:

Heehee ... bad pic, but see that now famous silhouette of a giant man there, next to YJssi's vehicle? Yup...that to your right is Mr. Shin, his ever ready bodyguard who had often offered the helping hand of unloading and loading this chair for him most of the time.
"Ho-hum" you say? :D
C'mon..it's not that much of a stretch is it?
Heehee, now....you don't suppose he would have had at least a flicker of thought about his Canadian fans and his generous gift donor........ at least once during all those days, would you :) ? Yeah...the flag was kinda conspicious, no? :p Even the fans on hand - those who started spotting this on the field - began to get a bit jealous when they saw it!
OK. Anonymous Canadian gift donor(s), are you/you all smiling out there?
And what about that last week in April when he suddenly took off for New York?
During a salon outing one of those days, a bae-sis described his rather special outfit.
Looked exactly like this, in fact:


Hmmmmmmmmmm....that's part of the 2008 Olympic edition gear for Australia. Must have looked SMASHIN' on him!
Who the heck knows but as far as we are publicly aware, he's not been that way this year...so...........
It should have been a gift. No......it must've been a gift!
Would the happy and giddy gift donor come forward please??!!!
And...what? You think he's not going to remember his kind Australia fans when his mind drifts to Australia as he dons on this outfit?
OK. OK. It's still not much to go on, but hey, beggers mustn't be choosers!:D
Bear with me - it's just my feeble attempt to bring some minor cheer to my bummed out N. American sis. C'mon, everybody..cheer up a little?
Oh...and btw.....you mean...............
You mean............... he actually personally thumbs through some of his massive volume of gifts? Still?
Like....really, really?
Wow..................YJssi, I am sooooo impressed!

13 comments:
Mishio
funny, funny to look at mishio running in heels after Jae Ho in his blue car with white spripes.
Whaahahah...
You are not the only person who feels neglected, native Koreans are decrying aloud these days in KOB.
He may not have rec'd much gifts last 2 years coz KOB front page changed only last week with the correct address and they have had the wrong address for over 2 years. I know it coz my gift to him returned back due to the wrong address. He may not like to receive any gift or maybe he thinks his family send him too much with gifts.
I wouldn't know what that little pretty head is thinking, sigh !!
byjglobal
actually i've heard that he does personally go through his prezzies... apparently he's not one of those who would ask his managers or staff to do so for him.
and... i've always wondered, what happens if it's food? food with a short lifespan? would everything have gone back by the time wuri yong joon has time to unwrap his prezzies? keke!
but yea, he's said more than once that instead of us sending him stuff, he would much rather we divert our attention to the people more needy around us and to help them instead.
hi byjglobal...
errr...me not the one in heels.
me...queen of comfort.
But yea, my friend looked so ridiculously funny bopping down the street with arms flailing about..
(you're confusing me with princess bb? she's the one with the heels endurance, I think...)
oh...and byjglobal, you're sending him stuff from out here in US? You're a busy bee...!
hi bb,
despite his wishes, he still receives so much everyday - can he possibly do it all himself? ...As nice it is to be on the receiving end of presents, what an enormous task! YJssi...let me relieve you of that burden - I'm sure I can find something to put all that food to good use! (*mishio rubbing her protruberant belly :)
oops, can't believe i typed 'gone back' instead of 'gone bad' in my earlier comment :p but you know what i meant....
and let me help too, with the food stuff!
i can still remember reading about how there was one birthday he literally received tonnes and tonnes of gifts.... i was trying to imagine how much space all those gifts would take up, and how much time it would take to go through them all.... i do know that bof staff are rather well-fed... by us, the well-meaning fans :)
Hi, mishio
We see Range Rovers on the California Fwy everyday.
I think of him whenever I saw them; sometimes I even look at the interior:)
Thank you for sharing.
hey, I get 1st pass!
bb will get the hand me downs.
That's the rule in this house & don't you forget it! kakakaka :p
hi suehan!
you too? @@
you should see me driving faster, then slower, then faster, then slower - just to see the driver's face! haha
drive safely, my dear sis!
(I meant: drive safely (or should I say drive defensively) when I'm on the road, that is!:p )
Hi Mishio,
It's so sweet to see that Canadian-flag chair! Sorry I can't shed any light about the presumed donor, only applaud the gesture.
Another example is about our Egyptian sisters. Our dear man is well aware of their existence and mentioned it to Moon So Ri when she told him she was Cairo-bound. This made her laugh somewhat incredulously but, lo and behold, after she finished her film festival jury duty, she was greeted by our Egyptian sisters - in Korean, no less - informed they knew she was playing Kiha in a drama shown on Korean television and given gifts to bring back to The Great King as well as a little something for herself.
Read all your newest posts with great interest, including today's about Best Front Forward. Hmmm, yes, the open set must have been a strange experience, with more curious people wondering 'who is that elegant pony-tailed man?' than family who knew he is The One And Only BYJ.
Hi gosijo!
Are you taking/have you taken a spring vacation this year? Why couldn't it have been New York, around this time of the year?! :P
Hmmmmm...with your thought, I'm seriously getting a bit jealous that "ordinary people" who may not know much about him are getting such precious, precious looks at this lovely being! haha
Hi Mishio, no, no hols for us this spring, not even a weekend in NY ;(
Ah, yes, to see a gem and not realize its value, what a waste!
Another random thought: most times, when YJ sees his family, there is this dual feeling in many of us: yes, he's really grateful for our support but it's also a burden to him in so many ways. Two days ago in NY, it seems to me that the 'burden' part was not an issue at all, that having a few people there who were eager to shake his hand was all positive.
uh-oh gosijo, hope you are not all working too too hard! or maybe......fun summer ahead? :)
Anyway, since I wasn't there (sob, sob) I don't know for sure, but if it's true, I'm sure novelty (of the situation/environment) has something to do with it, don't you think? He seemed almost a bit curious in some of his expression, no? Ay....I am gonna end with the same sentence, since I wasn't there.........(wail!! >< )
Post a Comment