Friday, August 31, 2007

Fruit and Press Picking

Hey, it's 8-31-2007!

So what?

What do yo mean so what?
8-31-07 is the day my current "oppresion" ends. Hee, until the next oppression opportunity I stumble upon, that is.

Yup, yup - one of my contract terms for one of the various hats I wear expires today.

And nope, nope, I ain't renewing! So, maybe I'll be able to breathe more often now. Thank goodness. But don't think it wasn't planned that way. Get as much work in as I can until September, when, of course, then I might just need time to watch this "little K-drama" I've been hearing a bit about :)

Anyway, it's amazing what a BYJ "fan-ignoramus" one can become after just a 2 month absence. Try catching up on that one "famous" blog (kekekeke) for one. As if.....what did I do so wrong so as to deserve this reading punishment? heehee - everyone else's blog too, but I refer to her because, well, for obvious reasons, but also because over the years (has it been?), I've assumed that she can take a joke or two.

So, don't mind me rehashing old news. I was reading that translation from that 9-11 edition of josei jishin and saw their reference to 8-22:

“On August 22, he left the hotel and headed for filming. He was carrying three watermelons which was a gift from the fans.” (location staff)

Great, but so.......blah!

And it made me wonder something. How is it that the press that caters to the fans -haiyo, don't they know we live and die for details? Don't get me wrong - I don't want them to chase him around town, but if you're reporting something that's out there in the open, can't you spare a few more words?
Me greedy? yeah - probably. Me picky? Yeah- admit, admit.

Anyway, for all those who care - me + 1 other fan, maybe? Haha - for that 1 fan who does, thank you - you justify my fan existence! hahahahaha.

Here's 8-22 - with a few more words.

"The weather on August 22 was expected to be stifling hot. Although YJ-ssi had an early start, leaving the hotel at 7-ish in the am, he was expected to have scheduled outdoor filming that would last through the period of the day's hottest rays. As always, some considerate and warm-hearted fans thought not only of themselves, but also of the staff and actors, brought cold drinks and fruits - mandarin oranges, watermelons - as a snack for all of them. By 14:00pm, things were a wrap, and after returning to the hotel for a short rest, YJ-ssi was off again shortly after 17:40 pm. He and his staff were seen carrying 3 watermelons on the way out to dinner. With the small crowd of fans on hand, YJ-ssi took care to greet them warmly and read the messages on their placards. Particularly, there was one that read, "How did you like the watermelons?" to which he suddenly let out a broad grin and then nodded sheepishly."

Hee, still blah!

But for an overly imaginative fan like me, you can see so much from that right? So many aspects of his personality show true, right?

The fact that he's appreciative of those fans' consideration.

The fact that he's not wasteful. Could easily just order chilled fruit cut in fancy shapes at the restaurant they were heading to, right?

That...hmm...he might actually like watermelons, seeing that they got carted back from the set to the hotel and back out :) but, silly mishio, right? most people like watermelons on a hot day, right?

That...maybe, just maybe....he is personally aware the loads of gifts that people bring him? Ooooooh - would send some fans' hearts soaring! But still, I don't advocate that people spend loads and loads for stuff he probably already has, but that's just an opinion.

One think I know is true......that the one killer grin he flashes at people makes a whole throng of fans want to go out and purchase the world's supply of watermelons to present to him! hahaha - incidentally - who all has tasted this lovely square melon they bred in Japan earlier this decade? I hear it's like US $80 a piece, but fits the limited fridge space of most Japanese apartments perfectly. Wow - the wonders of modern science! At that price, it had better taste good!
And a revelation too...

Contrary to belief, watermelon trees do not sprout out of human stomachs after accidentally swallowing their seeds. YJ-ssi looks alright to me...although I can conduct a thorough exam if you'd like. kekekekekeke

OK. Silly. Very.

Aw Cmon, can't I get away with a stupid joke here and there.

Heard ya. I'd better run before you all wap me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, mishio;

I’m glad to know that you can have a break after the contract expired. How are you doing in this hot So Cal weather? I hope you can rest fully and enjoy wuri Yong Joon’s ‘TWSSG’. Yeah, we always want to know the details about HRH. Thank you for sharing. Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Anonymous said...

mishio;

i enjoy your writing so much plus pic shown here and there

so much wit!!

byjglobal

mishio said...

hi there suehan!
you always have a way of making me feel less silly - hee,it's obvious that I tend to obsess about details:)
Yes, I can't wait to watch the long awaited drama! Hopefully in a fully air-conditioned room:)
Hope you & your family too enjoy this last hurrah before summer ends!

mishio said...

dear byjglobal,
thanks for comming around again!
hee, you must like watermelons, if not crab! :)

bbmag said...

me adore bae-details, so pls pls pls keep 'em coming :p

hee, me too! am always complaining about how come the media doesn't report on the truly 'important' stuff like what he was wearing, did he smile widely, and what knot! so it's definitely more than just you and that one more fan who're obsessed with bae-details. me too me too!

and... try staying away for so long again, won't you? i'll just punish you with more reading ;*

p.s. happy for you that life is on the way to being abit more 'normal' :)

jaime said...

hehe yum yum mishio, I saw those cubic watermelons too in Japan. They come in different sizes, carefully wrapped in a beautiful box! The wonderful details in Japanese packaging. (my environmentally-conscious friend will be crying when he sees this)

Nothing beats eating ice-cold watermelon balls in a hot summer day! The fans are so thoughtful.

mishio said...

bb princess-ah,
are you threatening me? :p

mishio said...

hi jaime!
heard peripherally about your recent adventures! hope it was the trip of a lifetime!
and wow - you mean you don't have to go somewhere special to get these cubic melons? can buy at the regular markets? minus the packaging, i kinda like them :)

bbmag said...

hee... if only all threats in the world are bae-related... :p

so, tell me, are you scared yet?

mishio said...

bb-
truth?
i have a feeling that i should stay on your "good side!" :)