Monday, February 26, 2007

Steel Dragon

Yup, me too. Wanna chant in on that Expo thing too.

First, just wanna say that I have been laying low coz I've 1. been swamped as usual and 2. been "outed" on a few fronts lately and some of you already know that I have a phobia for attention when it comes to this BYJ fandom thing. Funny though- it always takes something to rile me up just to start up this blogging thing again.Anyway, anyone like roller coasters out there? Wanna know where the longest and steepest one is in Asia?
Now, now US fans - don't answer "Bae-land" although you know what I'm implying.

The real educated answer is this.
It's in Japan incidentally - a montrous thing called the "Steel Dragon" in Nagashima Spaland in Mie Perfecture, Japan - 8133 feet long of gut wrenching drops and twists with top speeds of 95mph, and dropping some 306 feet at one stretch that would surely sent me to my next life, if I were stupid to put myself through that kind of torture or ecstasy - however you look at it. If I don't reach my next destination, then at the least, I'd surely hurl.
Anyway, that description bears some semblance to what I'm feeling today.

In any case, I have come to terms that US is not a preferred target for our YJ. Not in his radius of interest.
Hey, I completely get it. I know a thing or two about this US market, and it's a sound decision.

But boy, it sometimes feels extra hard for us faraway fans doesn't it?
Coz you know, some of my friends have been planning to hop over for that Expo closing thing. From way over here on this side of the world, it's an major undertaking to say the least. The operative word up their "plan" which implies forethought and TIME.

As for whether I plan to join them or not, well......pals can testify that I've flip-flopped so many times it's driving them nuts. And yes, yes, yes, I know. I'm not blaming him coz I also know that he didn't ask anyone to go there - it's all on our own accord. Yes, silly us. For these faraway die-hard fans, there's only two ways to look at them - they're either crazy to even bother, or geez, you sure have got to admire their commitment to him and their dedication to keep pace with those nearer Asia-fans who have such a relatively easier time navigating their way there.

So, once again, it's up/down, up/down.
YES, NO, YES, NO,..........oy vay, I've lost count.

Maybe BOF ought to send that same threatening letter to the Hallyu Expo people for confusing the heck out of us and for using his name without his consent then?

Such a long tortuous road we lead............

But hey, isn't it about time that they figure out an effective and organized way to handle all these pre-event hoopla? It's the most respectful thing to do, really. I honestly think that BOF has enough depth as an entity by now to devote some small fraction of their time and/or personnel to this sort of thing. Maybe they don't want to, and maybe there's a reason that I, not being in their business nor in their position, have yet to understand. I am always up for an education - someone care to explain to me these little unknown difficulties?

Coz you know, I try hard not to compare, but can you understand how it's sometimes tough to see my friends' plan to set off to Japan soon for another one of JDG's official and well-organized birthday party/fan meeting? Or witness my other pals' clear communication channels with another talent agency (tiny company whose name I don't wanna mention - minute assets no where near comparable to BOF) handling their favorite K-star?

Sighhhh........sorry to vent so much today - maybe it's coz I'm not coming off the best week.

So, to my dear friends who have become steel dragons in their own right for not having given up on their quest - best of luck to you all.
He's still my clear fav, but if you're wondering, my answer today is a flat "No." My not so old body feels really tired all of a sudden.

Try, maybe, asking me again in a few? :)

7 comments:

bbmag said...

hehe.... izzit still a 'no' today? :p

Anonymous said...

Hi Mishio, glad you're blogging again and hope I'm catching you on a high.

Sometimes I think 'how lucky' for the ones who get to see YJ in person even for a second but, at times like these, those of us anchored at home and unable to even contemplate getting on that particular roller-coaster feel that perhaps we're luckier than we think.

So, big hugz to you if it's any help. Hope your dilemna gets resolved one way or another and, once again, thanks for sharing the lows as well as the highs. We're all in this together.

mishio said...

bb-
too cute you are sometimes.
when I brood, I do so seriously, but heh, your comment did make me smile somehow.

4:30pm 2.27.07 - pulling my hair out in my office, name being called left and right, taking 2 phone calls at the same time.........errrr...this very moment, "NO!"

mishio said...

hiya gosijo!

nice to hear from you again. But not much dilemma, just ranting and raving as usual, but ohhhhhhhh boy...was that hug timely and needed. KOMAWOYO!

bbmag said...

gosijo,

this coming from someone who has been there to see him in the flesh, and also from someone who has 'followed' him from my pc... believe me, you actually get to 'see' him more clearly in front of the pc.

the info, the pics, the details are usually more 'complete' when you're 'watching' the action at home.

most times, for us who do see him in the flesh (other than sitting through events like the opening ceremony, the AS concert...), you just get a few seconds/minutes. although those seconds or minutes are wonderful, these're over very quickly. up to now, i still don't have an answer to this question: is it worth waiting for hours just to see him for those split seconds?

sometimes, my answer is a 'yes', sometimes it's a 'no'.

but i would say this though... if you have a chance, do try and see him at least once. he's really quite unbelieveable in person. there's this aura thingy going on... and i still maintain he's at his absolute best-est when in the flesh, when in motion.

trouble is... once is never enough :p

p.s. mishio, got your email :) sure hope our paths will eventually cross, someday. it's kindda strange how i would always go to the same place after you do.

you went japan last march, and i went in late march/early april. you went jeju last nov, and i went in early dec... :p

mishio said...

bb-
I was thinking that too - so, is my clock wound too fast or yours too slow? :)
hee, if I go just a bit faster and you just a bit slower, we will intersect at some time! ha, at least that's what I learned in Math 101. Or was it physics 101 @@

mishio said...

hi byjglobal
I no longer am, but you don't know why I was upset? Chongmal? :)
Well, you are right about one thing - work, work, work is always calling. Thanks for coming by!