Friday, December 22, 2006

Shush

It took a while to get over it, but it's done. Yeah, I am done pouting.

About what?

Well, that Mr Sohn's blog thing.

I can't describe nor explain it - I was just so sorely overcome with disappointment when I heard.

Like getting a lump of coal in my stockings.

You know, I've really liked most everything I've read and deduced about this man so far - from day 1. But even if you weren't a fan, he's probably won you over bit by bit over the years. In particular, I've come to admire and relate to his candor and his straighforward nature, his easy-going style, the tenacity he's shown through tougher times. And yes, even the so-called missteps he might or might not have taken along the way have made him that one little more "human-like" link to the seemingly distilled and distant plane that the BYJ/BOF clan seem to be on. Taking nothing away from his business skills, he doesn't come across as the slick snake of a calculating businessman that this omnipresent everywhere else in this business, and that's exactly why most of us take a liking to him.

More importantly, I've come to appreciate the "heart" he's shown, towards BYJ, towards his work, towards the family community.

Consider for a minute why this man began to blog? What? Coz he's got too much time on his hands? Somehow I doubt that........
He might enjoy writing.
He might even have needed an outlet for honest expression, like many of us.
But I'm sure the effort was started in large part with the "family" in mind, to provide an opportunity for friendly and cozy interchange of ideas, opinions, and news for a company and a persona that had gotten a little "too big" and impersonal.

Well, I don't know, I am not him.

I haven't any idea the real reason why it had to come to an abrupt end. Although speculations are many, I care not to go down that road. But if controversy amongst the family had anything to do with this, then I would feel even doubly sad that the one group that the blog was meant to serve ended up causing its demise. So Ironic.

Tension amongst the family is something I really dislike hearing about, and I usually just turn a deaf ear to it, for lack of other recourse. My recent trip to Korea really opened my eyes to it though. And I guess, where there are crowds, there are always differences in opinions. That's quite okay. Even more so than moderation, let's aim for consideration. State what you have to state, but do so in consideration of other's feelings, and choose your words and methods wisely.

Anyway, guess most of you just think I'm blabbering as usual. I certainly haven't got the right to lecture anyone, looking at my own trail of mistakes. I guess I'm still really sad, not so much at the isolated blog, but the whole picture. Also I guess I just wanted to register a VOTE OF SUPPORT for Mr Sohn today.

So, Thank you Mr. Sohn, for your courage to bare a bit of your soul to us. Although short-lived, your efforts will be remembered by long-lasting admiration and appreciation from all of us.

Ayy...it's x'mas. I really should be more cheery. Sorry.

Ummmm.....one more thing, Mr Sohn, if I may. Next time, may I suggest that you turn off your "comments" section, will ya?

2 comments:

bbmag said...

hey, me too... was sorely disappointed with that.

you know, when i read the part you wrote about how your recent trip opened up your eyes to the differences amongst family, a recurring thought popped into my head once again.

i think i know what you mean... sometimes, i even wonder... would i be better off alone in my bae journey, that is, not knowing any other fans personally and not taking any bae trips...? i mean, that way, i would be 'focused' on the man himself, instead of being involved in this whole 'family' thingy...

like you've so rightly pointed out, where there's people, there's bound to be differences. and i would like to add, there's bound to be problems and issues. so, maybe this fandom thingy is best 'enjoyed and consumed' alone.

then again, there're good moments too amongst the fans...

sighs... guess we're back to the 'there're two sides to everything' state :p

p.s. welcome back to the blogging world :)

mishio said...

bb-
Yeah...you and me both same.
Well, for you, there's no going back now, sis - you are almost synonomous with the "family" thingy. Besides, you'd have to live with the responsibility of multiple broken hearts and spirits if you do that. And many tufts of torn-out hair, driven by boredom of having too little English news to read.
I, on the other hand, toy with the idea of disappearing underground all the time. And I'm still thinking...............