Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm OK, You're OK

Hi!

OK.
Again.
HELLO! (screaming at the top of my lungs)


Errrr...............he..he..hello????

Yoo hoo, anyone there?

Ah - peace and quiet... by golly, I've finally found the key to tranquility :)

Man, it feels weird to be writing here again. Downright spooky.
No, I didn't have a change of heart. What? Me, the old sentimental? Never.

But I was almost too embarrassed to return. Embarrassed, but not lazy. Really.

What accounts for the long sabbatical?


Pulled a crazy stunt of working one job too many for a while there. Sprained an ankle too, tumbling down some stairwell while counting my minutes and rushing from point A to B. Ah - my life of disaster continues at its regular pace.

Now sisters, remember collegiate physics? Yeah - nightmare, I agree. But remember some this-and-that formula about some force squared? Yeah, when you already weigh that much and then figure what astronomical number you get when that weight is squared.... yikes!.... do you get an idea what kind of stress my poor ankle had to sustain? Oh - poor black and blue tomato!
OK, OK, I hear ya. I'll skip the boring details. Just that, from now on, I will add one more word to my vocabulary. "N - O, NO!!"

So, whatup?
You tell me. Truth be told - I had no time to follow BYJ news much, read blogs, or (gasp!) even log into Quilt. But thank goodness for those diligent sisters! Those "talk, sleep, dream BYJ 24-7" sisters. Know any of them? hahahaha - how could you not? Last I checked - they're a ubiquitous bunch.

Now, I am first to admit that I don't even come close to qualifying for that TSDB24-7 badge of honor. But dear heavens, thank goodness these sis exist. I'll call one of them up, and it'll be like instant cliff notes...

M: "Hey, how's it going? You mother OK ? Is she going to get released from the hospital soon?"

TSDB 24-7 sis: "Ya.sheisfine. Now.......... let me tell you who I'm worried about....OMG! Did you hear that he fell off the horse while practising? "
----->Insert 5 minutes of vivid description of the every detail of the incident.
----->Add another 5-10 minutes of exchange of reaction....."No Way, really??" "yeah, REALLY!....that is what I heard".....lah, lah, lah..........

M: "So, getting cold up there yet? Probably snowing huh?"

TSDB 24-7 sis: "Geez, I just heard from so and so. She's still in Jeju - it's getting mighty cold out there she says. Oh-oh-oh! She said that she saw BYJ leaving the hotel the other day. And he was sooooo nice, and he said "Anyong haseyo" to everyone, etc. etc.
----->Insert 5 minutes of play-by-play description....lah, lah, lah........

M: "No freakin' way. She saw him again?? Is she just the luckiest sis I know or what?" Wait how did it go again?
----->Repeat same 5 minutes of play-by-play.

M: "Wait, stop. Back-up. Tell me E-X-A-C-T-L-Y how he said those words."
----->Rewind, play one minute of previous play-by-play.

See? Easy. Why even bother to risk eye strain to stare at the LCD all day reading BYJ news? hahaha. Just call one of them TSDB 24-7 sis.
(Warning: extremely hazardous to your ITT phone bill.)

Conversation, continues....

M: "Actually, I called to see how you are doing. Busy at work?"

TSDB 24-7 sis: (like, she didn't even hear me) "Now, M, when are you going to Korea with me?"

M: "What? What's wrong with you? I thought you just got back 2 weeks ago. And anyway, you know how my work is....."

TSDB 24-7 sis: (didn't hear me again) "OK, next month you say? Works well with me."

M: "Whatcha saying? Hold it! I didn't say I had time off."

TSDB 24-7 sis: "OK, it's final. I am going to start emailing all all BYJ-pals and let them know we'll be visiting them."

(Beware - TSDB 24-7 sis usually only hear and see what they want! R'member how I used to always refer to him as a ray of light? Obviously he can sometimes be awfully blinding!)

Now...do you recognize these sisters yet? hahaha. Yep, you must know them, right?


OK, M - it's your moment to make good on a promise now. Your big moment to shine. Stick to your guns! C'mon - JUST DO IT! Say those words you promised to add to your vocabulary!

"Nnnnnnnnnn................... "
"Nnnnnnnnnnnnnn................"
"Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-ooooooooh!"

There! I did it. Phew - that was harder than I thought.
Hee, Just coz I can say "No" doesn't mean I'll stay true to the conviction! I'll be sure to let you know when I break my promise and hop on a plane eastward.

Whoops! See, told ya I haven't changed one bit. Still wordy as heck!

Actually I only meant to log back into blogger for a bit just to tell those concerned that I'm OK - thanks for those who still came by and checked on me during my long absence. I was afraid that everything would be different - what a comforting feeling to see that nothing has changed that much - the bloggers are still blogging, the flashers are still flashing their works of art, the comment-ers are still leaving lines and lines of comments.....yes, that's the comfort of a family. Still familiar at the core.

The only difference....well, a few new names (yay, growing family!) and a few sis confessing to eating hairy female somethings! (haha - i'm just teasing.)

Anyway, work is relentless and calls once again.
See ya again when I see ya.........

Oh yeah - before I run, just wanna say, " I'm glad you're all OK."
Really. I mean that from the heart.

12 comments:

bbmag said...

welcome welcome back!

and who, pray tell, who went to korea again and saw him...?!!!

so... tell me, are you back for good?

and wanna go spend xmas with me in jeju?

mishio said...

Hey fast one,

OK, I'll gather the details and get you the whole scoop when I catch up with this blessed gal.

back for good? dunno - will write when inspiration calls. How's that for non-commital? :)

Boy, the world is chock full of temptations, isn't it? (check email, bb)

bbmag said...

emailed checked.
emailed replied to.

hehe...

Anonymous said...

Hi mishio,

Missed a few days of reading and what a nice surprise to see to posting again after a few months of MIA!

What a delight to read your post and know that you have not left BYJ world for good. I always look at your link from bb's blog and wonder to myself what a treasure I've missed since you stopped posting soon after I started surfing!

Welcome back and hope your ankle is fine now. How're your eyes, btw?

mishio said...

Hi jaime,

likewise a surprise to hear from you. Such a sensitive kind soul you are - had I stopped blogging, I would've been sorry too to miss out on getting to know ya.

As always, thanks for stopping by. And yes, all organs are functional at the moment :)

mishio said...

Hi jaime,

Likewise a surprise to hear from you. Such a sensitive kind soul you are - had I stopped blogging, I would've been sorry too to miss out on getting to know ya.

As always, thanks for stopping by. And yes, all organs are functional at the moment :)

bbmag said...

yea, actually when jaime and vegas surfaced, it crossed my mind that these two ladies would probably enjoy reading your blog :p

Anonymous said...

Hola Mishio muy lindo tu blog espero poder platicar contigo me llamo Busi y soy de mexico te dejo mi correo gatita_chibimoon@hotmail.com,http://groups.msn.com/BaeYongJoonMexico

mishio said...

Frances!

Sorry(!) No other way to put it...I've been bad, bad, bad.
I'll try not to hibernate this winter :)

mishio said...

Busi-
Hola and bienvenidos! Estoy bien feliz que porque de BYJ, tenemos tanto amigas/"familia" que viennen de todo el mundo. Gracias por leer mi "blog."

Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi Mishio, welcome back !
I'm so glad to see your posting again.
And as always, I love your unique style.

marissa said...

omo!!! Mishio is back.

I've been checking your blog for months and keeping my fingers crossed that you are just busy.

Sorry about that ankle of yours but hope all is well.

Miss you sis.