Goodness...I actually "heard" the weather last night. loud & clear. The hurling winds, the strange crackling sounds, and then there were these indescribable weird noises that preceeded the rush of something towards my direction ... so creepy, right? Who's ever heard of a tornado in SoCal? Guess there's a first time for everything.
Hope all of you have mastered the art of ducking and running for cover! .... and hope all los angelinos will staying warm & dry through tomorrow's round 2 of this stranger than strange funny business with the weather. Everyone - take good care!
All this takes me to daydreaming about a big escape. It's about time, you know. Spring and Fall - either or - these are the 2 most likely times you'll see me pack my luggage and head abroad. I really have trouble with enjoying myself in the heat of the hot summer, and besides, it's really rough and chaotic when the planes are packed with the kids and children on summer break.
Honestly, I don't really have problems with kids and children per se.... it's just that I once sat through a transpacific flight (exact duration = 9 hours and 12 minutes) sitting next to a child who hurled and hurled (? stomach flu or airline food?) non-stop. Poor kid, poor kid, I know. As badly as I felt for the kiddo, it was "poor mishio" too, I have to add. Did I mention the flight was 9 hours and 12 minutes long? haha - just checking. Anyway, the auditory/visual/olfactory (yikes! why am I reminding myself?) experience still haunts me to no end, and Nope, I just won't purposely do summer travel unless I don't have a choice.
The other thing that exacerbated the travel bug in me was the fact that I haven't yet had the chance to put "My 2007 Fav BYJ-related Purchase" to good use! Still !! See...nary a scratch!
What the...? hahaSuch a non-descript lump of something, right?
You've all seen this (if not own it........if not already used it many times) I think, sometime last year when it hit the stores. I call it my own "Happy Travel Buddy"! haha. Yes, remember how I enjoy travelling alone? Well, it helps to have a non-speaking buddy along, as long as it is one that brings my lips to smile :)
OK. OK. That's fancy wording for a passport case. But I so needed one at the time. And I so wanted this one! ! ! It's non-flashy (can actually use!), does not add to arm fatigue and that's why I like it.
Remember how it comes in white, orange and brown? My heart screamed "white" all the way. Still does! But for the wear and tear of travelling, I opted for practicality.
Open, open!
Haha - I can't wait till I see the expression on the immigration agent's face when I hand this over, the next time I go to Korea!I'd imagine it'd be something like this:
Just love that photo of him....how not to smile back?Then again, I have been known to have too much faith in immigration officers' general sense of humor. Got in trouble talking too much to the harsh agents in China once. Speaking of which....hee, you know how you generally have to fill out arrival forms when entering a foreign country? Where it says "Purpose of Travel" - did you know that many sisters actually write down "To see BYJ" or something along those lines! hee.......it's cute. Have yet to hear any good stories about the officers' reaction, however. Sigh.......what did I tell you about their sense of humor?
Anyway, wanna know what else I keep in this case, other than my necessary travel docs?
A Clue you asked?
As AMEX would advise, I never leave home without it! Well, when I go to Seoul anyway :)
Tah-dah! It's my own GORILLA plastic!
haha -just like a "yoja" to get all goo-goo-ga-ga over plastic!
I know, I know this isn't exactly newsflash to the frequent fliers, but it was to me when I received it (soooo thoughtful- thank you!). Way back when GORILLA first opened, it seemed that a kind sister took the trouble to apply for this card for me. Heehee - the good folks behind the counter just kept those last few unclaimed cards in drawer all this time - I literally only picked this card up during this last trip! (hee, don't you like how I've made myself customer #1 up there?)And did you know I was labeled a "human"? haha - They're kind ... given my GORILLA sized pants-size!
Anyway, it's a frequent dining card - like the discount cards that many retail outlets issue to their loyal customers. Just present it every time you pay your bill, and when you've accumulated something like 200,000 W of charges, a 10% discount will apply to your bills from that point onwards.
To be truthful, I don't know if they still accept applications. Some ladies tried to apply during the last trip and were told they could not do so anymore. But if interested, do inquire the next time you set foot there. Doesn't hurt to ask. But it might not be worth the trouble - since they don't issue the cards immediately. So you have to apply (one trip), then return (another trip) to pick it up. And have to go back (another trip) enough times to gain the necessary credits. Not a bad idea if all you need is an excuse to return to Baeland.
Better alternative?
The next time you plan to dine there, why don't you just invite me & my card along - and I'll make sure you get that 10% discount. kakakaka
Really, I'm willing, ready, able to help! :)
OK, happy travel buddy, when will it be??

9 comments:
boohoohoo, i want the passport holder, and boohoohoo, i want the card too :p
hee... i'm the bona fide happie travel buddy!!
This is where some of us live vicariously through other's lovely adventures. I hope you get to travel soon, Mishio! And meet bb too!
Heehee, who knows, perhaps bb will travel all the way to LA in the near future and give as purpose of travel "to meet BYJ"!
Btw, that free rice site is indeed addictive! And fun! Thanks for posting the link.
bb- i'm surprised you don't have all this stuff already. Really!
haha - love how you made that "Happie" Travel Buddy with an I, E, like your name!
hi gosijo,
thanks .....ahhh...travel, vacation, rest...if only all of us could have more time for it - wishing the same for you too!
hee, somehow, i think bb would hedge her bets on more "certain" locations than LA when it comes to byj purposes :)
well, if i do go to LA, i think i most certainly wouldn't put 'to meet BYJ" as my purpose of visit. i assume he ain't as famous in the states, and it would probably stall me at customs :p
but... now, i'm itching to try that line when i next fly to baeland :p
p.s. mishio, actually i don't have alot of byj stuff, you know... i guess i ain't the 'collector' type. and i've some 'sorry buys' in my earlier, more naive bae-years :p
but i would have bought that passport holder if i had seen it when i was there... it's actually practical and non-byj enough to use :p
hi mishio,
you always have the coolest Korean/BYJ must haves to make us drool. That passport holder is indeed practical, but most of all that GIK plastic with your name on it! So is it really a credit card that you can pay with it or just like a point card to keep track of your purchases? Hehe, I don't want a 10% discount, I want to have more unique GIK/BYJ goodies instead.
Hehe, I only started using my BYJ keyholder and notepad in Japan after I got another identical ones now. One for keepsake, one for use. I still don't want to open that passport holder offered in the 'April Snow Asia Tour' DVD set, worrying that I might dirty it :)
I hope you and your happie travel buddy will be on the wings soon to Baeland and tell us more about your exciting adventure.
love ... jaime
hehe, jaime... now i just have to get mishio to agree to me being her happie travel buddy :p
hi jaime
happy cny!
just to answer your question - it's not a credit card, just a point card. Once you accrue something like $200 in charges, the discount kicks in.
Do not fret my dear - I think your new location will provide you with many opportunites to stock up on a lot more exciting and exclusing byj goodies than out here in N America! Happy Shopping to you!
Post a Comment