Saturday, October 15, 2005

See, all the beautiful flowers they were carrying? Dir Hur, Mr BYJ, you missed out seriously on some nice, nice gifts!!! Bet you both feel a teeny bit guilty that CJ went through all that trouble to get them for you!! OK, OK, I know neither of you promised to be there!!
After a minor delay, we were finally allowed into the theatre and it was a literal scramble to get decent seats!! I don’t blame anyone though –I mean, who wouldn’t want to have a good seat to watch BYJ and this great movie?

See? No seats available. After settling down our bodies, CJ’s and my neck and eyes went to work, rotating non-stop to search for that 5’11”ish gentleman in a hat and shades (still had not given up!!). But no cigars. So when I developed vertigo, knew it was time to stop. We medicated ourselves with chocolates (IKEA candy, right wls? Yum, but deep down secretly wishing for R & B with you know who on the cover!!) and then settled into utmost concentration and silence for our movie. Errrr...., not quite. We caused quite a ruckus in the initial seconds of the movie – Remember how the movie starts? Initial frame - BAM!!! BYJ!!! BIG!!! Huuuuge first moment – literally knocked me off my seats!! (sorry fellow moviegoers-only disturbed the peace for 3secs!!)

We truly all thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but no need to do review here – so many eloquent ones on Quilt already. So many touching, emotional moments in AS - really turned poor Victoria into a "water-fountain." (Victoria, I don't mean this in a bad way!!) This sister is really all heart! Such real emotion & a wonderful catharsis.

So after the movie we had dinner at where else? Great Sushi place, on Robson!! (Very happening street in VCR, for those not familiar). It’s really becoming a NA tradition you know, BYJ & Sushi. I recall reading about the great sushi that BYJ missed in Toronto as well, right T sisters? Finally, a group pic of all of us enjoying good food and good company. (Again washed out by request – sigh, such a great and happy picture of us!

We really had a fantastic time. Somewhere in this wonderful group of ladies is Ivy, whom I call Mrs. Santa of VCR. Sooooo generous – she paid a fine at customs just to lug home to share all these BYJ gifts from the 910 bunggae and from the Hong Kong family (Thanks again, Katherina of byj.friends.forever for all that you’ve sent). I mean, she was showering us and every BYJ fan in line at the theatre with gifts every other moment!! Remember the Korean dude behind us? Even he took away a flyer or two! By the way, this lucky gal got to see AS in Korea AND Hong Kong!!! To prevent some of you from sobbing, I won’t even tell you how many times she’s met/seen him. So lucky! A special word of thanks also goes out to mclara who was thoughtful and kind enough to share her treasures with us through Coco! And yes, Coco, I am wearing all your bling EVERYDAY! I can never repay you for your kindness!


No comments: