After another night of insomnia , it was sadly time to go home. But…, not before visiting a VCR landmark! Mabel’s famous Home Sweet Home – which I call the BYJ Palace. This place is literally covered wall to wall with everything BYJ – there is even a huge (HUGE) window covered entirely with a semi-translucent life-sized poster of him. When the sun shines through it, it’s like our prince is popping out of the window right in your bedroom!!
Told her that if I had one of these, I’d never have a “bad mood” day-EVER! If there are any Joon’s Family members still awake at this point, I tell ya your hunt for the biggest BYJ Memorabilia Collection is sooooo over!!! She wins, hands down!!
Thanks, dear Mabel-sis, for letting us barge in on you at 7:30am!!!
OK, so then it was a mad dash to the airport! Of course, Mabel gave me even more gifts (felt really greedy!!) and by now, I had nowhere to pack them, so I just overloaded my pockets. And wouldn’t you know it? Of course, I got selected for the “random” body search. So “Ms Security” was patting me down, and every bump she felt –she would not quit asking, “what’s this?” – Oh, it’s just a BYJ mug. “What’s this?-take it out” – Oh, a little BYJ puzzle box. “What’s this?” Pulled out a BYJ postcard. Ok? OOOOOKKKKAYYYY???? Still having nightmares about her! (And she about me, I’m sure – what a nut, she must be thinking!)
Next, out of the blue - guess who I saw? No one get excited, but, alas, there was actually some star-gazing to be done during this trip. I actually stood right behind this guy:
Remember Dr. Frasier Crane? (aka Kelsey Grammer) – He was actually taking my same flight back to LA. Not quite the same as meeting you know who, but did always like his show and he was quite charming and cordial with everyone around him that day.
Just before boarding, I had to snap this last picture, because it so appropriately summed up my whole experience. To my dear VCR family, thanks again for opening your arms and welcoming me to your family. I'm sorry I didn't have the time to get to know each & every one of you, but for certain, I had the loveliest of times, and will never forget all of you. The love, warmth, generosity you showered upon me was, well,….. it was like experiencing “Christmas in Vancouver.”
To all other sisters who have not dozed off by now, I admire your stamina. Thanks for listening! I will be less long-winded writer as I get better at this.
Till we meet again, Mishio

No comments:
Post a Comment